SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings one and all. Hopefully someone will be able to help me with a mystery.

I have a set of tyres which actually came out of a sealed MJK packet. However they are not MJK tyres. I know this for several reasons not the least of which is that MJK don't simply recast existing tyres, they turn their own tyre buck(?) from wheel dimensions and use this to cast from. Plus, I've already asked the MJK guys if they have any ideas.

The tyres in question have tread and internal markings on them from the original tyre which was used as the mould. From what I can make out the markings are:
CARRERA #125929-12 PAH3 (last digit could be a 5)

While it isn't likely that I'll identify where the recasts originated from, I'd like to discover what they were cast from as they fit quite nicely on BWA-15 narrow wheels (32002-93). There is the possibility, from the size, that they came from a Carrera Go! car.

I've attempted to look up the part number on the Carrera website but had no success.

Please help.
Embs

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,742 Posts
My Carrera Bel Air tyres are 125 886 (I think given the very tiny writing) and D Type Jag are 125 226

these are like Ninco Classic tyres in size, the Bel Air being a little wider.
So if the tyre is sim. in size to these then you might be looking at the Mustang or Corvette tyre or one of the smaller Ferraris they did...

cheers
DM

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Small tyres, quite narrow and low profile Mr Mouse. I did wonder if they might be front tyres from something.

I wanted to use them on last year's Ozrally Proxy car because the fit was perfect for the BWA rims I used, but the urethane was so full of bubbles truing them was an impossibility. Ordered replacements in the dying days of preparations. The tyres that came back were the the ones that should've been in the pack in the first place. Fit, but too high in profile. One of the many reasons last year's car was so disastrous.

It is only recently that I decided to revisit these tyres and see what I could do with them. Turned them inside out and discovered the Carrera branding.

I don't have much Carrera stuff. But everything I have, Belair included, has large wheels.

Actually, size is not dissimilar to Caterham tyres. Any help?

·
1,742 Posts
Can't think of any car they do that would have that small a tyre. I have 2 GO rally cars but the tyres on them are tiny - like wouldn't stretch over a 1/32 wheel. I will check the code in them anyway
DM

·
1,742 Posts
nothing on the Carrera GO tyres - bit of a mystery -

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts