SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I know that this may be old topic but neverless:
I recived N-Digital upgrade kit and play with it for some time (on week). On console is a production date 2007, when I switch it on and press button it doesn't show any number of version. When I tested it with PC LapCounter tester, it shows ??? on display, so I think that I have not the last (1.08) version.
I have problems controlling the cars with Ninco D controllers as they work nearly like On-Off switch, very little press to trigger makes car move very fast, so they are not controllable.
So my questions are:
1. Are any settings that I may try to have more linear response from controller with my version?
2. Are curves better set in 1.08 FW? Have anyone found a way to update old consoles? Does Ninco help in this situation anyhow?
3. Is it possible to buy only the Console with 1.08 FW?
4. If 1. and 2. are not an option, can I modify in some way Ninco D controllers? I know it is possible to change some resistors in the controllers, but which resistors I should change?
I tried to read also old topics but theh are now realy old (2-3 years), so I'm interested if there are any new solutions.
Thanks to all,
MM

·
Registered
240 Posts
If the production date is actually 2007 and no version is displayed then you most likely have a 1.06. The new firmware (with milder throttle response) was introduced in the 1.07. The 1.08 added real-time lap counting/timing for individual ports (cars). The 1.08 did not show up until late 2009.

QUOTE 1. Are any settings that I may try to have more linear response from controller with my version?
The only available settings that will affect throttle response are the throttle profiles: amateur and professional. My experience is that motors at or above 18K rpm and 150 gcm torque respond best to the amateur profile (e.g., Ninco NC-5). Less powerful motors such as the Ninco NC-1, NC-8, NC-11 perform quite well in the professional profile. However, IMO, the professional profile is unsable with the "standard" N-Digital controller (see answer to #4).

QUOTE 2. Are curves better set in 1.08 FW? Have anyone found a way to update old consoles? Does Ninco help in this situation anyhow?
The throttle response curves are milder in the 1.07/1.08. Some people like this while others do not. There is no way that I am aware of to update the N-Digital firmware in the field. Ninco does not acknowledge any firmware version above 1.05.

QUOTE 3. Is it possible to buy only the Console with 1.08 FW?
The only way to buy a N-Digital console by itself would be on an Internet auction site or from a N-Digital user. The only way to be certain that you are getting a 1.08 firmware version would be to test with PCLC or MAARDS.

QUOTE 4. If 1. and 2. are not an option, can I modify in some way Ninco D controllers? I know it is possible to change some resistors in the controllers, but which resistors I should change?
There are enhanced controllers available that work well with the professional profile: the N-Digital Progressive controller; the Check Up N-Digital controller; the Slot.it SCP-1. Yes, you can modify the standard N-Digital controller by replacing resistors and/or installing a potentiometer. There are numerous posts on various slot-related forums (including this one) on how to do this.

_michael

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Michael!
Thank you very much for your fast answer. As I see it right now, my only opition is to go to 4. point. I have Slot It SCP-1 and one N-Digital Progressive controller, but right now I'm not happy with it. It's little better than standard controller, but still too resonsive for me and especialy for my kids. I haven't try Slot It yet because of problems with fried consoles (I must admit that I have still read all topics on that). I have not notice anything on Check Up N-Digital controller. Can you send me please a link to it? So for now I have to go to read all topics here about modifying standard controllers
I also send mail to Ninco, so I'm waiting for the answers also from them,
thanks again
Matevz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts