SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I keep adding threads guys but as a newbie if you don't ask don't know.

How easy/difficult is it to decal cars? Found pattosplace which seem good for selection of decals anymore? Reason I'm asking is because going to do my NASCAR collection year by year but to go really extreme and do full sprint cup series, nationwide and nastruck series. Also where best (and cheapest) to buy White track and car bodies from to do this?

Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
With a bit of practice it's not too hard. You'll soon figure out whether you love it or hate it

Pattos is the place. Apart from the last season or so, he's only done the Cup series cars, not the trucks or Nationwide/Busch series. You've got a choice of peel 'n' stick or waterslide. The former are more robust (for racing), the waterslide - if done well - look slightly better.

Plain white cars are, unfortunately, not available. You'll need to strip the paint scheme off and start again. There's examples of RobinRacer's work in the Tech/Paint section of the WHO website. I have seen white JL Chevy bodies on sale at JAG Hobbies.

There's a good tutorial here on SlotForum and plenty more good threads too.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Putting the stickers on HO cars is fiddly but not particularly difficult, just take your time.
I find them quite easy to spray with rattle cans, certainly easier than spraying real cars, the main thing is preperation, just like 1:1 cars really.

·
Rich Dumas
3,665 Posts
It can be tricky to position waterslide decals, sometimes they can't be moved once they are flat on the car. If you need to move the decal dab it with a little soapy water, that will get under the decal and allow you to push it around with a blunt toothpick.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
That aspect of decalling is easier on HO cars than on bigger scales, because the size of the decal is smaller.

Using water (or MicroSol) to move the decal, and then a setting solution like MicroSet makes life easier and gives a really good finish.

The instructions that Patto sends with his waterslide decals are good ones.

There's another useful Slot Forum thread here.

I have used both Patto's waterslide and his peel 'n' stick and I like them both. Recently I've got just the stickers because I can use them on lexan bodies too.

I'm planning on doing a couple of Life Like COT bodies soon (the #42 Polaroid and #26 Irwin Tools). I'll post some pics when they are done, if they are any good

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (LeeH @ 1 Jan 2012, 09:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thinking of making a few monster #4 bodies to use in modified on lexan bodies and NASCAR races I enter

The lexan body for modified is only legal at WHO, not at SCHORC nor for Nascar at SCHORC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.