SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3,814 Posts
With a bit of practice it's not too hard. You'll soon figure out whether you love it or hate it

Pattos is the place. Apart from the last season or so, he's only done the Cup series cars, not the trucks or Nationwide/Busch series. You've got a choice of peel 'n' stick or waterslide. The former are more robust (for racing), the waterslide - if done well - look slightly better.

Plain white cars are, unfortunately, not available. You'll need to strip the paint scheme off and start again. There's examples of RobinRacer's work in the Tech/Paint section of the WHO website. I have seen white JL Chevy bodies on sale at JAG Hobbies.

There's a good tutorial here on SlotForum and plenty more good threads too.

· Premium Member
3,814 Posts
That aspect of decalling is easier on HO cars than on bigger scales, because the size of the decal is smaller.

Using water (or MicroSol) to move the decal, and then a setting solution like MicroSet makes life easier and gives a really good finish.

The instructions that Patto sends with his waterslide decals are good ones.

There's another useful Slot Forum thread here.

I have used both Patto's waterslide and his peel 'n' stick and I like them both. Recently I've got just the stickers because I can use them on lexan bodies too.

I'm planning on doing a couple of Life Like COT bodies soon (the #42 Polaroid and #26 Irwin Tools). I'll post some pics when they are done, if they are any good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.