SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Good to see Dave P and John L doing their first HO meets (that I know of) since I invited them to the EAHORC meet in Sept 2009.

I am guessing Josh and Geoff are DHORC 'loaners' to fill out two teams, and I am very suprised not to see KMIHO there.

My money is on CHORC 1 vs DHORC 2 for the win. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hi Nick and Ryan,

Thanks for the invite to SCHORC to take part in this event, we are very please to come second in the inaugural event.

I am still wearing my medal with pride!

Thanks again on behalf of the SCHORC team.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great fun was had by all, thanks to everyone involved, like Tony I have a little medal to be proud of, even though the missus tells me I look like Muttley when I polish it and snigger!

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
thanks for letting the North Staffs Scalextric racing club team
we all enjoyed the day but!
your cars are too small.lol!

Robbo
the fat one in the blue shirt not the fat noisey one in the black shirt

·
Registered
648 Posts
Morning guys, sounded like one hell of an event. Big well done to SCHORC (whom I am a member of) would like to be part of it next year if invited.

·
Registered
120 Posts
An excellent time was had by one and all.

Many thanks to Nick, Ryan, Phil, Alan and everyone else involved in organising and setting up this excellent weekend of racing.

I would also like to thank all the other racers there, and my fellow team members, without whom there could be no competition.

Hope you all had as fine and enjoyable a weekend as I did.

Regards ... Roy

1,488 Posts
Thanks Roy, yes we were very pleased with the outcome with a packed grid of 33 racers (Andy Holliday subbing for Steve Guard when he had to leave half way through the race) all enjoying themselves. An event we can build on for next year and hopefully attract other clubs to join in the fun!

Thanks Rob, so pleased you had a great time

Thanks John, hope the medal takes pride of place at home

Thank Tony for bringing along a team of such competitive racers, a well deserved result

It was a very close affair on the 200 foot 8 lane circuit with 33 laps covering the top four places

Congratulations to the DHORC 2 team consisting of Ryan Blake, Lee Pateman, Tom Measham and Jamie Sismey for winning the first ever running of the DHORC NASCAR 4 Hour Race

The SCHORC 1 team of Geoff Peach, Roy Masters, Tony Stacey and John Chell drove out of their skins to take a superb 2nd.

The DHORC 3 team of Liam Smith, Paul Levers, Martin Allsopp and Shloke Anand pushed SCHORC 1 hard but missed out on 2nd by just two laps!

The eight Tyco NASCARS looked quite superb as they pounded around the Rockingham infield circuit, taking the banking in style

The Rockingham Infield Circuit made for a wonderful endurance track

Cheers
Nick

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
never thought i would say this about these tiny cars but
Had a great day and we are looking at more meetings especially the endurance meetings and we will be prepared next time
thanks to all for making us welcome and for the useful advice and help given out by all on the day
and thanks to all for managing to put up with team NSSRC, we don't make it easy

1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dave,
We loved having you there, I feed off your sense of humour it makes for a great atmosphere and you all slotted (pun intended) in like you had always been racing HO. Hope to see you all race some of our quicker lexan cars at one of our Club Nights soon

We must also repay the visit soon and come race your larger cars

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Is there a video? It would be good to see those Nascars tanking round.

The body rules will obviously have to be relaxed for next year, as three of the bodies shown above were illegal, unless there was a last minute change.

Better to just say any ''Real'' nascar colour scheme, any Nascar body....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts