SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I want to try out some nascars on our MDF routed track.

Can anyone recommend any to try, that you know go well.

We have only been using NSR and fly cars at present.

Cheers

·
Registered
312 Posts
Scalextric COT Nascars go well on my MDF Track once glueing the bearings, and adding a little weight to the front if the track has no Magetic downforce, SCX Pros don't go to bad either

John

·
Rich Dumas
3,600 Posts
All of our tracks are wood, we have a class for Scalextric NASCARs with modifications and they a good runners. The previous generation sidewinder cars tend to be better than the COT type because those have a higher center of gravity. We have also tried the regular SCX cars and those run well on wood as well, the 42B motors do not have as much power as the ones in Scalextric cars.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there benj..

At Pendle Slot Car Club, once a month on a Saturday morning, we run SCX Nascars.

They have to be used as they come straight out of the box, with no modifications, apart from the removal of the magnet.

On our six lane, MDF routed, semi gloss painted, approx 115'+ braided track. the cars perform and handle very well, and there is some very close racing in every heat.

These cars run great against each other, and are very tough and reliable... Highly recommended...

Here are a couple of photos..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
We run Scaley COTs with Super tires on wood. Just a bit of weight around guide area. Door to door racing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Martin

The SCX nascars look pretty wicked, I think I'd better get some of these to try. Do you not change the tyres?

Thanks

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Benji..

No, The rear tyres have to be the original ones that came with the car, no mods allowed on the car at all...
The whole point was to buy a car, take it out of the box, remove the magnet and away you go, cheap, very close, low maintence racing, and as it seems with these SCX cars, they seem to be very reliable as well, and they do take some punishment, especially from our younger club members....

They are not mega fast, but are all very close in performance, which makes for some very close and exciting racing, especially for the kids.

A few months ago a lot of the SCX Nascars were available on special offer from various suppliers at as little as £10.00 each. Unfortunately they seem to have now gone up in price, but shop around, there might still be some around at reduced or lower prices.

All the best.. Martin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts