SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any body else been running the natural rubber tyres on no mag gloss painted track, brass and plastic chassis, what do you think? they look like spongies but with more grip glueles. maybe this should be another thread but does anyone run jell claws same parameters as above. their not sillys so do they come under rubber for club racing. well thats the lot , 1 finger typing takes a while. cant wait for any input. john.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Hi stoner
Please can you clarify what sort of tyres you are using - do you have a brand name or supplier's name?
I think the tyres we normally use are natural rubber as you describe, but its difficult to be sure we are talking about the same thing.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they come from the USA ken o racing, these particular ones come in donuts 25mm wide so i cut them in half. he also does them on 5 spoke alloys 1/32 axle 10 mm wide by 21mm oa hight . h&r racing does them mounted to wheels and a few more i cant think of at the moment. their all advertised as natural rubber as i said they look like spongies but if you take a spongie and rub it across your track theres no grip ,if you take these tyres and do the same you can feel them gripping , i run them on my track, sanded and glossed ninco,and get good grip.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
ken o racing's ebay site says he's selling Alpha Piranah Natural Rubber donuts.
Alpha Piranah is an example of what's often called fish rubber (smell them and you'll know why).
Examples of other fish rubber sponge tyres are Parma Tuna, SCD Roadhogs, JK 'B', BSP, UFRA and many others
Fish rubber is the most commonly used type of sponge at clubs running metal chassis slot cars on MDF tracks (these tracks have copper braid or tape so magnet traction doesn't apply). At higher level meetings, some type of fish rubber is pretty much universal. Occasionally people will swap to non fish sponge (like Parma MX) if they want less grip.

Some clubs don't allow sponge tyres, some refer to non sponge tyres as rubber tyres (arguably incorrectly) so I guess their ban would include natural rubber sponge.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these arn,t fish rubber scroll through ken o,s site and youl find them. the description is natural rubber made for plastic and wood tracks, as you say he sells fish rubber spongies, but these arn,t them. what is the natural rubber you run at your club meets, i cant see them banning natural rubber at clubs because these are the only true rubber tyres availeable. john.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iforgot to add this to my last post.the ones i use are ultimate, pro track does them also. ive got spongies, no grip on plastic and fish rubber, slightly better no grip! and these ultimates they grip no treatment no glue john

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Could be "Wonder Tyres", very closed cell sponge and quite hard compared to the ufra or fish rubber.
I think these originate from Japan and have been available for a few years, ABSlot used to sell them in the UK.
[oneofwos]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts