SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been trying to program some curves in nbase for my friends of L'Alcudia, Valencia, Spain.

I have some doubts:

- Is it possible to change the value of the 15 speeds of the Nbase?

I don't know wich are the values of these 15 speeds, I think that they follow a linear power delivery, and the 15th speed correspond to the power on the rails, so if we have 12volts on the rails the 15th velocity will give 12 volts to the engine.

Please confirm me if it is a linear power delivery.

Is it possible for example to do that the 15th speed should be of 11v with 12v on rails intead of 12v?

How?

To change this values could be really interesting to take advantage of the system, let me explain it:

As you know with less of 11,2v on rails the LCs stop working. For NC-5 engines I use 11v on rails on pro mode with PB 108 (I have separate the power of the LCs and I can do it). For engines like slot-it or sloting plus I use 9,5 on rails....

I prefer not to separate the power of the LCs, I want to simply put 13v on rails so that everything works perfectly, the adjust the 15 speeds with the 15th at 11v or 9,5v and have fun.

Is it possible?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Brux,

I have an Nbase and in our club we use it too.
With the configurator it is possible to modify the curves.

QUOTE - Is it possible to change the value of the 15 speeds of the Nbase?
With the Nbase you can modify the position of the trigger for each step.

QUOTE Is it possible for example to do that the 15th speed should be of 11v with 12v on rails intead of 12v?
This is not possible, step 15 is always full power.
If you want to limit the maximal voltage, you should limit the number of steps.
This works fine.

QUOTE I prefer not to separate the power of the LCs, I want to simply put 13v on rails so that everything works perfectly, the adjust the 15 speeds with the 15th at 11v or 9,5v and have fun.

Is it possible?

No that is not possible. Ninco chip issue.

Regards,

Nijn

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Nijn @ 2 Jan 2012, 19:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is not possible, step 15 is always full power.
If you want to limit the maximal voltage, you should limit the number of steps.
This works fine.

No that is not possible. Ninco chip issue.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I know how to programate curves with nbase, I can't say that it is easy
but I know how to do it

Now I am limiting the number of steps to reduce maximum speed as you say in combination with a reduction of power on rails, I supose that it works fine, but I prefer to change speeds configuration.

Ok, step 15 is always full speed = power on rails per chip issue, but what about step 14, can I reduce it anyway?

If we can reduce step 14 we will have 14 usable steps with 13v on track......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Brux,

The PWM steps (0/15 -> 15/15) are predefined in the Ninco D chip. So this can't be modified by the Nbase. The Nbase sends the speed step over the rails to the chip. The chip modulates the width of the high pulse.

If we could modify the program of the chip then this and couple other things could be solved. I took few attempts to hack the chip but unsuccessful so far. (mainly due to knowledge of the Atmel microchips.)
I have yet a list with things I to improve&#8230;

The best way to reduce the voltage on the rails (for all cars at once) is by limiting the voltage of the power supply, like you do now.

If you would reduce the number of steps you will also reduce the maximal voltage on the rails.
Then you will have less steps available for the controlling the speed of the car.
This is the way would go if you want to limit the speed of only one car.

Don't forget, less steps is equal to less control and

Power without control is useless !

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Nbase,

Thanks for the answer.

My joy in a well.... (this is literal translation from spanish and I don't know if it is the same in english)

I have mixed a reduction of voltaje with a reduction of steps and I think I am on the good way....

For engines from ninco-one to NC-5 I use from 13,7v to 11,5volts and 14 steps, and for slotit or similar 11,5v and 12 steps.

So I have 1 step more minimum than 108, and LCs will work..... really good!!!!!!

I have adjusted the resistences of the handles to do compatible the ninco original handle with third party ones.

I hope to post the results soon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys I know, no movement from this topic since some time ago as in spain tell, if sounds the flute and any person know the answer to this question:
- How works the Ghost Car y Nbase.

By other hand, I'was developed a Spanish program to setup the NitroBase

The last verasion is: 2.1.3 Build10

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/Nbase

Intructions
-----------------------------------------------
Ver fichero leeme.txt y Arreglos_y_Mejoras.txt

Thanks in advance and regards.

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
I wonder if Loony Toons want the Bleep image back?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe it is no longer an active project.

It would have been nice to have a project that used scaley style controllers and a better car ID detection unit.

A Arduino and a 1000+ lines of code may do it!

Phillip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
QUOTE (Eduardo Teixeira @ 13 Mar 2015, 15:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is this project still alive?

The NBase works and is for sale?

Very interesting project.

This project was discontinued, few people interested in.

I built 4 or 5 Nbase in Spain, now still working.

I've got one of them working, but I give up Ninco-D system. I sold all car chips, throttles, etc. but the tracks. I'm ready to disassemble my unit to recover some useful components, like Simple H (motor driver), connectors...

With the Nbase you can control better the cars, because you can customize the curves, but the way to work with it isn't very friendy and you must understand quite well how Ninco digital system works, to choose the digital values for the curves for better behaviour.

I don't know what happened with the links, I only can share this LINK in Spanish where I (Txapu) wrote about Nbase, there you can get all the information: Build & operation manuals, schemes, source files...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts