SlotForum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I was given a new Ninco NC-4 motor with two adapters in the pack. I have come to fit it into a Scalextric chassis, but the adapters will not hold the motor in place. The Scalextric chassis holds the NC-4 motor at one end okay, but the motor needs to clip onto the two side lugs on the chassis to support the other end. There are no dimples on the motor for these lugs to fit into.

Is there a simple adapter for this or will I have to carry out a chassis modification?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Hi mike,
you dont say which chassis you are trying to fit the nc 4 into. when do-ing an odd ball conversion I usualy manufacture an adaptor out of Milliput ,If you have not used this before it is a two part epoxy substance which can be moulded just like modelling clay it take about 3hrs to harden so you have plenty of time to get things right before it sets .Once set it can be painted to match the chassis

The super 16d powered ninco celica shown in the picture was successfully mounted in this way
and that has more than twice the power of the nc 4

The motor can always be removed by flexing the chassis as the milliput does not form a permenant bond to the scalex plastic

Graham

1 - 2 of 2 Posts