SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comrades-

I have been unsuccessful while trying to switch from the Scalextric Arc App to Magic's App. I have used the Scalextric Arc App on my I-pad since 2017, but want to try the Magic app given all of the positive comments from the community. I really wanted to run this from my PC since it provides greater flexibility for broadcasting to a larger video display than the video options I have from my I-Pad.

I think my problem is the Bluetooth on my PC (it says v4.0). In Windows settings, when I try to add a bluetooth device (Arc Pro), Windows tells me that it either can't connect with the powerbase or my computer doesn't discover the Scalextric Arc Pro. About 50% of the time, I can get the Magic app to pair with the powerbase simply by starting the app. I can add a race, add the car, add the driver, and calibrate. When I go to "start race", everything disconnects and I have to start over (the app shuts down). I followed the video instructions from Paul Tetreault's youtube video series.

Does this sound like a Bluetooth problem? The Scalextric page says v4.0, but is there a difference between v4.0 and v 4.0 BLE?

Do I need to upgrade something on my PC to make it compatible with the powerbase?

Thank you.

Chris

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi Chirs, may you send me the log of the app? (from the Hamburger Menu, Application Log, and then Send )

Are you using Windows 10, aren't you?

In Windows settings, when I try to add a bluetooth device (Arc Pro), Windows tells me that it either can't connect with the powerbase
don't do it, it doesn't work, and it's unnecessary to pair the Powerbase with Windows 10.

my computer doesn't discover the Scalextric Arc Pro.
Ok, this can be the issue. Even if you shouldn't pair with it, you have to see it from the devices.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Magic, I am in my 50s and my app literacy is sub-par. I am more accustomed to excel, word and other business applications. I select the export database option and then it asks me how I would like to open the files. I assume there is a zip option here? Do I open these, unzip them, and attach them to an e-mail to you?

I re-read your updated correspondence and it seems like there is a more recent method to forward the info to you.

Do I simply have an outdated version of your app? If so, can you please let me now how to update this and I can try to see if that is my problem?

My teenagers aren't home this afternoon or I would ask them for assistance (after listening to them laugh at me).

Thanks for your patience.

Chris

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hey Chris,

it might be worth checking that any other devices that have previously connected to your ARC Pro are not quietly connecting before Windows tries to.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Can you instal Magic on the I-pad?

Does it work?

If so the problem is your laptop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips. I am trying to run Magic Arc App on a Windows 10 PC with v4.0 Bluetooth. I have multiple laptops in my house to try the app next, but I wanted to see if there was a particular version of Bluetooth that I need to consider? I will first try a laptop or two and then I will try the I-Pad. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi Chris,

You have to select the last option of the menu, scroll down to see other entries... "application log", just before the latest "about".
When a new page opens, then in the bottom right you have the "send" button to send it to me with your default email program.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Magic-

Thanks again for your patience. You were very clear with your original instructions and I missed the difference between application log and export database. I just sent you the application log.

Thank you.

Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Magic-

Yes, it was apparently just a bluetooth problem with my PC. Your app works perfectly fine on my laptop. I only had about an hour with your app so far this evening, but it is amazing!

Thank you!

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts