SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am on my second week runing my SSD.

In the process of powering up those flippers on all my XLCs. Being kind of new at this and also having a 3 and 6 year old, we tend to stop alot on those darn flippers

So, I gave it a bit of thinking and now I'm trying to power up those exit flippers on the clc:s and pitlane exit.

The idea is simple, but I seem to lack the knowledge needed. The idea is to drill holes in the rails, mount a pin/needle in the middle of the hole (isolated from the rail, filling inbetween, glue, whatever). So, whenever a car passes over the pin, the braids from the car will power up the pin. Pin then connected to a other rail with a (so far simple, homemade) rectifier. The DC output then goes to a dual coil latching relay, which is hooked up to the exit flipper.
Drew a picture to help you understand and I know it looks like my kids made the picture

But anyhow, this is sort of what I'm trying to do:

Worked, for 1 try. And now seems like I blew the diods or something?

I'm now asking for someone better than me, to help me out with the electronics. I admit, I'm in the dark here. I just took for diods and soldererd together. Don't know what kind of diods I need to use. So many parameters and totaly out of my area here.

So, questions:

* What diods would suit my need? Please be specific and a short explaination as of why would be appriciated.
* Maybe it wouldn't hurt with a capacitor in there? Which one? How?
* Should I use a Resistor in there? Where? Which one? Value please. (I'm using a TQ2-L2-9V - Panasonic as relay.
* Or a premade capacitor? Which one? Values and why?

Or could this whole idea be done with something else than a rectifier? I would like to keep the idea of rail working as "trigger", cause it's simple and can be placed anywhere. Like in the picture, where it would be impossible for 2 cars to trigger both at the same time.

Also, I noticed that I'm getting about 17V DC out of my rectifier...
I'm sort of not knowing what Im doing here, but I know what I wanna do

//Anders

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
He is doing exit, which is not quite the same. Great idea Juhlen. In the early days of powering flippers we realised that it is easy to get a short and destroy the electronics. If the flipper is not fixed in the central position then fix it. If it is think about insulating the rails close to the flipper, sometimes the braid bridging the gap can cause problems...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx, but I think you misunderstood me.

I AM doing that to my XLC, and whilst doing this, I figured it has flaws. I'm doing it for the "lane changing flippers", cause simply it seems like a good idea and is working fine for ppl, just like you said.
However, the flaws I find is related to EXIT flippers.

* It can't be done to the exit flipper on my pitlane. Rephrase, can be done, but would be pointless in most cases, since while you are in pit, there is a great risk someone will pass outside of the pit and thus change it and thus making the "fix" useless.

* If applying this solution to the exit flippers on a clc, when racing tight with someone, their is a great risk the car behind you (in either lane depending on their lane choice) will switch the flipper current before you pass it. Sure, it's not a show stopper, you just won't get power.

So, when it comes to exit flippers, I'd like to try this, cause I think it would work really well. If you just place these triggers/sensors in a correct spot, noone will change the flipper power before you have passed it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the record, my previous post was towards UshCha.
I was just being slow typing and Riko came in between

1 - 5 of 5 Posts