SlotForum banner

Need help with value of this Ferrari

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  philsmith 
#1 ·
Please take a look at the following pictures and give your opinion as to what this particular car is worth as it sits.
The seller and I really don't have a clue as to it's fair value.

It runs and drives fine..I plan on using it in one of our historic or vintage no mag classes.

Please give what you would consider a fair price to both sides of the deal..
I'm not looking for the "steal of the century" and he's not looking to make more than the car is worth..

Thanks folks~

See less See more
#3 ·
I do not claim to be an expert but I have been buying way to much vintage stuff on ebay this past year. I can't remember but I think I paid between $35.00 to $45.00 for a substantially similar car not long ago. I think your car was a "set car". Mine was an assembled kit car. The chassis are different. Mine has the exhausts that your's does not and mine came unpainted while your's has a nice paint job. If this car were to be placed on ebay there is no telling what it would fetch as there might someone willing to overpay for it. I would not pay more than $50.00 because it is not all that rare. But then again that's just my opinion. I may be wrong.

#7 ·
As stated earlier $35 to $40 ($US). The aluminum chassis is the early set car chassis. Late model set cars had plastic Chassis. If this car had the 2 piece chassis you could tack on another $20 or so. The fact that your cars is very clean & has a very attractive paint job might punch it up another fiver.

#8 ·
I bought a car almost exactly like this on ebay a couple of months back. I paid £33. However, it did require a new pinion and crown plus some Ortman tyres from Phil to get it running perfectly. So assuming this one is as good a runner as it looks I would have said £35 - £40 was about right.
Hope this helps.
JS

#9 ·
Given the exchange rate of around £1.89 to $1, it's interesting to see the £/$ prices at near enough the same figures, making quite a substantial difference as to source.

Could be that these car are cheaper in USA, where it would naturally be expected to find many more of them available than in Europe/UK.

#10 ·
QUOTE (Tropi @ 29 Nov 2004, 06:17)Given the exchange rate of around £1.89 to $1, it's interesting to see the £/$ prices at near enough the same figures, making quite a substantial difference as to source.

Could be that these car are cheaper in USA, where it would naturally be expected to find many more of them available than in Europe/UK.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That could be Tropi.. I bid on one last night that was very clean, had the adjustable chassis and was unpainted. It sold for $41 US. It would have sold for $33 if I had not placed a bid (I didn't win it, so someone was willing to spend more than $41, but still..it would have sold for $33)

I've made my offer to the seller for it, waiting for his reply~

Thanks for all your input.

#11 ·
The price difference between USA and Europe has narrowed in the last couple of years, due to Ebay.
But there is still a difference as a lot of people still like to buy from a reputable dealer, mainly because of things like missing exhausts, as on this car, etc.
I would never sell a car with bits missing, if I haven't got the parts to put on the car it goes on the shelf till they turn up.

#12 ·
I take it that it's the 1/32 Revell GTO home set ? I do not value a none adjustable chassis as much as the kit one £30 would be tops with out a box. The last two Revells I picked up was an adjustable chassised Corvette and a kit Corvette for a fiver each.
Regards Allan

#13 ·
I just noticed it had a revell sticker on the motor.And it has a chromed case. The only Revell motors I have seen with this on is the 'Fireball'. I have one in a Lang Cooper. Does it say Fireball on the other side? I am obviously, not as well acquainted with the variants as Phil. Most of the motors that I have seen in Revells cars are grey SP510X's
Regards Allan

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Revell 250GTO had at least five different chassis to my knowledge.

1. The 'kit' aluminium adjustable chassis
2. The RTR non-adjustable aluminium chassis, as shown here.
3. The 'SP80' brass adjustable chassis (US issue)
4. The 'SP80' aluminium adjustable chassis (European issue)
5. The Delrin RTR chassis
6. The Delrin RTR chassis with forward rear mounts (as for the SP 80 chassis)

Oh dear, that's six

I reackon the last mentioned Delrin chassis is the rarest of the lot.

#18 ·
Phil I've owned one of these GTO's just like the one above, (same chassis and with a chrome motorcase)since I was a kid and it did have a Fireball sticker on it. However I swapped the motor into a Riko chassis over 30 years ago and it lost its sticker, it still runs strong today. I still have the shell and most of the running gear so I might restore it. I am however missing the rear axle bracket can anyone help?

GT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.