SlotForum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Digital Guru
11,398 Posts
hi
if ssdc runs ok with 2-3 cars and plays up when more are added i would say your laptop/pc is quite slow or old. Sorry if it sounds rude.

i used to run a decrepit old lappy with windows xp and it ran V4 superb but V5 does need a faster machine as i ran into problems when i changed over.

See if someone can bring a newer spec machine for you to try and get V5 running as it is as you have found a huge step forward over V4.

Apologies if i have dissed your setup Michael,just trying to help.

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Michael or Lee,
Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall in a thread about ferrite men, a statement from Michael that mentioned the fact that you have not been using the them.

Is my memory faulty? If not, is this still the case?? If it is faulty, please accept my apologies for casting dispersions.

All the best - Greg

· Registered
1,952 Posts
All help apreciated guys

@Ade - It has been run on 2 laptops and also a desktop PC

Current spec of my laptop is Intell T2080 1.75ghz with 4 GB of Ram
and that is the oldest slowest one

Now if that can't run SSDC V5 then ???????

@Greg - All resolved ages ago, and it happens with different sets of cars Brand new DPR's and solder in ones as well

The trouble is it is so random when it goes wrong

One half of a night can be fine then with 1 heat left it goes stupid

To add WINDOWS Experience Scores Base Score of 3.1

Processor Base Score 4.6
Memory Base Score 4.6
Graphics and Gaming Graphics 3.1 - Which gives the base score of 3.1 as the lowest
HD transfer rate 5.9

Any idear what yours are ???

Michael

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Hi Michael,
OK ..... your PC should be OK but make sure that it is not running anything in background mode, or set to perform regular updates/virus scans/etc ......

Have you tried Innox?

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes to inox

Nothing running I think ( how exactly would you check ? )

Both my laptop are clean installs of Vista done by me with none of the bundled stuff you get when buy a Pc

One has only Vista, Office and Race Managment software on it

· Registered
239 Posts
SSDC V5 is trying to be all things to all people. If I remember correctly V5 worked reasonably well prior to it's adaptation to work with PBpro, as well as the APB. All the other adaptations for things like MIH chips and wireless throttles appear to me to have added to the software's problems. Just my observations not sure that I am correct.

Andy P

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.