SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dave, I see there is Fast led support in DRC. Is there any chance you might be able to put the RC interface to set up the Xmas tree lights in DRC? If I understand correctly the way it is setup now you need to modify the sketch to setup the the neopixels.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Recently I unified the RC and DRC sketch so that the same board could be used for either app. That meant that DRC got the neo pixel support in the sketch which it previously did not have. Unfortunately that's only half the work. The other half is updating DRC to support them. I don't currently have plans to put that support into DRC, although if there's enough requests for it I certainly would look into it. Honestly I'm not sure DRC really needs neo pixel support. What would we do with them? RC at least does some color shifting and such based on various fuel/time levels. DRC doesn't really need something like that that I can see, but if you have ideas I'm happy to hear them...

You can always use them via the extended protocol in the sketch as well. At least assuming the extended protocol has the data you need/want to display via neo pixels.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main reason is the ease of wiring a Xmas tree, 3 wires rather than 14. Also they just look cool and I was hoping that it may be possible to flash the win light. No trouble if you don't have time, I'm guessing I might be the only one interested.
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts