SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
NOW READ THIS WELL.

After further discussions with the committee at Nort East Restoration Club it has been decided that the slot club is to close.

This Wednesday January 18th will be the last competitive meeting.

As explained previously, the track, all ancilliaries & other assets are solely owned by the main North East Restoration Club.

I will be closing the NERCS website. The club wil be de-listed from Slot Forum.

The decision is final.

No further discussions will be entered into regarding this matter.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
NOW READ THIS WELL.

After further discussions with the committee at Nort East Restoration Club it has been decided that the slot club is to close.

This Wednesday January 18th will be the last competitive meeting.

As explained previously the track, all ancilliaries & other assets revert to the ownership of North East Restoration Club.

I will be closing the NERCS website. The club will be de-listed from Slot Forum.

The decision is final.

No further discussions will be entered into regarding this matter.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Doilum
975 Posts
Sorry to hear this Kev, I guess there are very pressing reasons, but none-the-less a great shame.

I'm not sure either I or DD will be able to get this Weds, but I certainly would like to make the last meet even though I've nothing to run at the mo.

ATB
Al.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Kev..

So sorry to hear the news about the NERCS club is closing.
Sad day for the North East..

Martin.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Very sad to hear that news.

Always sad that a club closes for whatever reason.

I have oft read the threads of your club and always was impressed that you had so many youngsters involved.

Dave

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Kev. I'm really sad to hear your news.
Presto Park has been going through a difficult time at the moment but there is light at the end of our tunnel.

I sincerely hope things can be sorted out, as I always read yours and the clubs postings on SF although i am a long way from you in Norfolk.

All the best mate. Mike

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
A very sad day on Wearside.

This wednesday will be the last ever race night at NERCS & as a favour to Kev, I will be running the evening. So lets make it a good night & a fitting send off to a club that has played a big part of all of our lives.

Thanks

Paul.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Also, can I just say for the record that Kev Owens deserves a slot car MBE for his services to this hobby.

Up until three years ago all the slot racers in the North east just raced mainly at home, Kev brought us all together.

Thanks Kev, your a gent.

Paul.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,653 Posts
Terrible news !!
Obviously this will leave a big hole on this forum, but as a community project the club is up there with the best. Drawing people together from all walks of life and age groups is something that organisations spend fortunes on and fail. Kev stands out as the leader but there is lots of evidence of team participation and Kev has encouraged others to provide valuable contributions and take on responsibility. NERCS would serve as a great example of how to run an organisation.

Its a disaster to loose this club from the local community.

Respect to Kev and all the members.

Leo

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well this is a surprise. Just last night the posts on the NERCS forum were about setting up a new committee.
What has changed so quickly?
Ron left the forum, Kev resigned as general Chief over the weekend what the hell happened?
I thought the last meeting (like most others) went really well. with close racing, no cheating or moaning.
So just a few months after building a new track, getting new power packs adn controls, so new we havn't yet used them we call it quits?

Kev you have done an amazing job pushing the club forward and i like many others are gratefull for your efforts over the years.

I do not understand how the countries worst slot club has ended so abruptly.

Regards
Wayneslot

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
That is really sad news. The posts from NERCS were always interesting and fun. although im not a member I read all the discussion threads posted by the club and Kev. I hope there is some salvation somewhere for the club. The North East was lucky having such a club, I wish we could have a club like it here in east London.

All the best!

Matthew

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi

I echo Waynes comments. really enjoyed myself at this slot club and it all ends so very quickly.

I was worried when I saw the number of posts on the Nercs forum over the weekend that this would happen

Thanks for the enjoyable few months of racing guys.

Graham

·
Registered
356 Posts
I can't comprehand that a slot club that has been going as long as NERCS has and has such a large regular attendance is closing over some bickering about where to place ballast on a PCS Chassie? There most be more to it that that?
Wayne

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.