SlotForum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
8,009 Posts
"Braw"... fantastic Scottish there Leo!

Here`s where you can all laugh at us.
The gray is "Cool Gray" matt emulsion from Homebase.
The green is "Lovely Green" matt emulsion from B&Q.......it`s all we could shoplift.....
I was wanting to use Sandtex paint, but all the puffs in the club who use NSR cars were frightened in case it hurt their tyres....diddums...
Cheers,
Kev

· Martin De Ath
1,408 Posts
Hi there all at NERCS..

Kev... The new track looks excellent, well done, a great job by all..

I will try my best to make the journey "Further Up North" (from Manchester that is) to your club, and meet you all, plus my mate "Dave", kidnapped from our Pendle club
... Please say "hello" to him for me.

The track looks very smooth and should be great to race on.... Did you use a roller or brush, when painting it and the infield ?..

Good luck with the first nights meeting, and hopefully see you soon.

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

· Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Thank-you Martin, we look forward to welcoming you at NERCS!
The gray was put on with a bog standard B & Q Value roller...it gave a lovely texture!
I brush painted the green. It was simply a case of marking 2 inches out from the track all the way round, then painting. Took over five hours to do, but I reckon it was worth it.
Cheers,
Kev.

P.S. NERCS is going to get down to Pendles before Xmas, so I might see you then!

· *** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,803 Posts
Thanks for the info Kev.
If I was a Glaswegian you would be in trouble over the paint choice, I'll just say that I am very impressed that the paints were chosen by careful consideration of their names...
As Lewis Hamilton once said - "Who's decision was that?" LOL

Leo

· Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,127 Posts
bloody hell kev if it took 5 hours to paint that i wouldnt want to see how long it would take you to do the living room ceiling! I think sandtex paint would have been ok im sure it was those who race 50 year old classic jeouf cars who didnt want to ruin their collectable value

cant wait to have a go tonight its going to be well good fun!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.