SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the following...

Scalextric App Race Control Pro Platinum GT 1:32 ARC Digital Slot Race Track Set C1413T

I race digital (see attached car on left) via the Magic ARC App.
I recently acquired an analog hand built car (see attached car on right).
I intend to convert this analog car to digital, but until I do, I'd like to race it on my track as analog.
I've never raced analog before.
I'm aware of the "analog switch".
What else do I do to race this car as analog ?
How do I set the cars controller ? Is it the same process as digital ?
When I place the car on my track, it's magnets really grab, is that normal ?
It grabs so much that I'm reluctant to proceed until I get some advice.
thanks

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Greg Gaub
16,799 Posts
The Red controller will control one of the lanes. The Green controller will control the other. I forget which ones, but those are the only ones that will control either lane in analog mode.

You don't need to do anything else. If the car's guide fits into the track and does not jam, it will go. How WELL it goes will depend on a lot of things. The magnets being too strong might cause problems, especially if they cause a part of that metal (it appears to be metal) chassis to touch the rails. Also, the motor might be a bit much for the base, so it might not go at all, or at least not go well or fast.

If you can remove the magnet, do so. It's possible that the motor itself is pulling some downforce, and the only way to change that is to change the motor.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The motor looks a bit like a Falcon (44k rpm or there abouts).

I would also add to tape you lane change and pit lane flippers else at best you may find you suddenly change lanes but at worse the flipper moves just enough Effectively block the lane and stop your car dead at whatever speed your going. I would add I swap back and forth between digital and analogue on Arc Pro very regularly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate your replies, but...
I mount the car putting the car's guide in the slot and raising the back wheels, turn on the controller, press the trigger, but the car does nothing (tried all four of my controllers). I then calibrate a controller to red and then another to green. Tried those (using both tracks)... nothing. The power base lights signal properly. The power base is set to analog, see attached. Can you recommend anything ?
Window Computer keyboard Rectangle Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
346 Posts
Also, sometimes, I find it helps to unplug the power from the track and plug it back in after switching between analog and digital. You should hear some relays click

·
Registered
346 Posts
If the resistance through the motor is too low, the powerbase may be seeing it as a "short" when you pull the trigger. If you have a multimeter handy, you could directly measure the voltage across the rails as you pull the trigger. This would eliminate the motor from the equation. I don't recall if in analog mode the meter needs to be set to AC or DC. Just check both.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I see it’s a barrage of points but one last. Are you leaving the chip in? Or do you have an blanking plug that re-routes the motor black and red wires to the guide flag yellow and green? If you’ve taken the chip out or unplugged it without the blanking plug the. Nothing will work.

·
Greg Gaub
16,799 Posts
I see it’s a barrage of points but one last. Are you leaving the chip in? Or do you have an blanking plug that re-routes the motor black and red wires to the guide flag yellow and green? If you’ve taken the chip out or unplugged it without the blanking plug the. Nothing will work.
Refer to the photos in the first post. This is not a Scalextric car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts