SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the success of the D3 series this year and last, much work has been done over the last 3 months by racers in the series to compile a set of difinitive rules for the 2012 series which will be called UKRRA (UK Retro Racing Association).

These rules can now be found in either Word/Open Office or PDF format on the following web pages, so racers have plenty of time to sort and test for the coming Season.

http://darksideracing.co.uk/page74.html

&

http://raceway81.com/page38.html

The rules will also be published on the CSCRA website shortly.

CU at the races!

Best Regards

Andy BS

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thank you Andy , **** and all those involved in this thankless task. Just a small clarification please. The chassis material rules appear to preclude the use of , i.e. 1/4x1/16 brass strip if used between the front and rear axles even if 1/16 rod and/or piano wire is also used.This is not,I trust the intention, the idea being to pre- empt the introduction of more modern chassis materials and techniques such as spring steel center sections. Ihope this is the case and just minor rewording is required other wise the cars used by many at Oaklands, along with many other elderly chassis, are not likely to be useable within the rules. My fears that the F1/Indy beloved cars will now all look like squashed under/ nourished sports cars will, likewise , prove groundless.

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
QUOTE Oh, and I suspect the Cortina is 8` 4" wheelbase with the usual yanktank being 9`9"
Hi Ralph,
The figures were only there as a rough guide to the true size for a 1/24th Saloon.
As you know we are very much in the hands of the body makers here.
I suspect we will continue to see 4inch wheelbase Trans-Ams being the most common cars used.
Even the big NASCAR bodies are only 4 1/2inch wheelbase.

As regards the brass strip.
Yes I believe the intention is to ban it's use and to have only round wire rails joining the front and rear of any chassis.
(Note. This does not apply to Tottenham Cars).
If this is really going to cause a major problem then I guess the easiest answer is to allow existing cars to run like this but insist that new cars only use wire.
Please talk to Andy about this, and let him know who has cars built this way and for which classes.
I will be offline from midday today until after New Year so will not see any further posts on this subject until then.

Have a good Christmas everyone.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Although a retro section would be good I don't see why this thread should offend anybody as it's just as much "scratch building" as all the other threads on this section, probably even more so than most of them!

[oneofwos]

·
Registered
213 Posts
I agree with Steve and John. D3 is about as deep as its possible to go with scratch building the chassis of yore. The problem now is the scratch building section is so polluted with plastic toy cars , worthy though their disciples no doubt consider them , they are only one stage removed from standard scalexy things and airfix kits.Perhaps it is possible for a seperate Retro section to be established where the words "filler", " solvent" and " injection moulded" incur the gravest penalty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.