SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just an update to what I have been doing with my spare time.

A classic L shape.

Modular (three pieces at this stage but more will follow)

90mm lane width, plenty with the two old MG's as used for the build, but a good spacing with larger cars.

Track undercoated/sealed and lanes painted, next the track surface.

can't wait to have a drive

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts

Paul

Looks like a good start, would be nice to see your overall track plan.

How do you get on with getting supplies there, is it mainly by mail or are there any dealers in your locality?

Does your modular approach mean that you are looking to transport your track to other locations or is it for ease of breakdown for your personal use?

Either way wish you luck and look forward to further updates.

Gary

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the comments.

I have been able to get most things locally, but I am also not shy to use E Bay if I need to.

I'll put the track together for a couple of pics after I have painted the surface so you can see the out line.

I planned on just making it easy for me to store and also will be able to change it arouind once I make more bits.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More work to the track....

My son at the controls

Copper tape laid on two of the three lanes (more on order for the rest of the middle section)

The Power base section, with the three controler points(scaley sport plug) and lane reversing switch.

A couple of shots of the track wiring and the joining plugs.

The two MG's that I have from an old kit that has seen better days, time to supply the boy with some real cars. I'll get a couple of sports coupes as that what he likes, but for me I think I'll get one of my old Parma chassis and fit some new rubber , motor and body and see if I can beat the shop models.....

I will do a bit of fencing (Nascar style I think) on the two corners before making a few more sections.
I'll have more time as the boy is on the track and off my back now to get it done LOL

I think the next track will need to be a routed digital..............

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Looks really good. The track design looks like it will give some good racing and I really like the simpleness of the wiring.

Are you going to add scenery to it?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Madmini @ 23 Jul 2007, 16:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks really good. The track design looks like it will give some good racing and I really like the simpleness of the wiring.

Are you going to add scenery to it?

I'm working on the fencing first, the picture shows some wooden blocks that I was going to make look like the tappered type of concrete ones you see on a lot of steet circuits, but they proved to be too close to the outside lane so now I will make a nascar type which will give more room.

Then I will add some sand traps and grass to the track........maybe a tree or two but it needs to stay portable and these will break.

I will make a permanent track one day with major scenery (probibly a rally track?????)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all.

The track build has come to an end...... My 8 Yr old son has banned me from doing any more work as he just wants to drive his cars on it.

Here's what we have to date:

I hope to sneak back in when he is playing football and finish the fence with a couple of runs of wire on the top.

Two new cars on their way so things should heat up soon....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.