SlotForum banner
261 - 280 of 378 Posts

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Saw one of these at an antique mall just this week and I thought it was pretty cool. It's "O" gauge but I have lots of O gauge stuff and to me it looks just fine.
Rectangle Picture frame Billboard Carnivore Art

· Registered
1,245 Posts
For my Brother's track, I wanted a logo on the track in the infield. I goofed with an image until I liked it (Suntrust Speedway & etc). Then I printed it and had it laminated. Then trimmed the edges and traced the outside onto a sheet of masonite. Cut that out, painted it black, siliconed down the laminated image, and there you have it. Relatively cheap, relatively easy. Looks sharp.

It is loose, but could easily be attached if needed. His track is stowed away much of the time & the logo is stored with the other stuff in an old hard suitcase.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
@Tjetter I found them on eBay. They are 1/32 scale barrier decals. They are located in Great
Britain so the shipping is not very fastWell worth the wait. I was expecting a water slide decal when I bought them, but they are a very thin vinyl type material and the adhesive is pretty good as far as I can tell.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
@Glock24 I have a various assortment of cars / chassis that I have acquired in the past few months. My current inventory is 16 Mega G +, 5 SRT, AFX Magna Traction 1, AFX nonmag 3. AW Cars, Thunderjet Ultra 5, X Traction 8, and Super III 4. INVENTORY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

I really like the old school AFX. Not a fan of the SRT, but the bodies are what I like. Still picking up some more from time to time.

· Registered
2,274 Posts
Cabolick,

I tried to cap it at 50-cars. It didn't take long to blow that record out of the water. Everyone laughed me. I simply laughed along. :D

I was a bit impatient looking for cars as a newbie. Now it's hard to stop the flow. I'm finding cool cars all the time.

The rule of thumb is... The more cars you have, the more cars you find. Even if you don't want more cars. You find them because you really don't need them. Sounds silly? I know eh?

Enjoy the hunt, and have fun. (y)

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
After pondering Mcfly013 last statement, apparently made in jest, and what point do you say No. I am not going to buy another car. For those who are married and have to explain how another box from AW was on the front porch, but she took the day off. Pity ya'll. I figured since I didn't have to answer to anyone, I can have as many as I want. Plus the more you own, the more you have to service and have spare parts to keep them running. I'm having a great time with this hobby that I enjoyed 50 years ago and I am in a better financial situation than I was when I was mowing yards to buy spare parts. This has been a great blessing for me and I have been very lucky to converse with many of you folks, thanks. 👍

· Registered
1,245 Posts
The point of diminishing returns is what it is all about, and that is as individual as, you know, the individual themselves.

In my case that point is along about 15 ready to run cars. Don't get me wrong, I have chassis, bodies, and parts to put together another 10 or 15, but it gets to be cumbersome to keep them all going. Sooooooooo some remain in the box, waiting for their day in the sun, whether by attrition or by my mood of the season.

And I pretty much have quit buying more.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
I did get a couple things from the mail box today. 5 of the Bulldog chassis for the SRT bodies I have. I did swap out one and took it out for a few laps..... very impressive. I will be selling the SRT chassis and the spare parts that I have acquired. I don't know that exact number of spare parts that I have for the SRT chassis. Will be selling 5 chassis for sure. Also got one of the new AFX GT40. Headed to the post office in the morning for more stuff that wouldn't fit in the letter box, that I have been gracious bestowed by the apartment management. Great for bills and bull**** but not suited for boxes.

· Registered
307 Posts
I am happily married with no kids. I get to be the kid. I get to buy the toys. We both have strong incomes and retirement is in sight. It is a non-issue. She bought me a display case for Christmas. I already need another one. I got a little car-crazy for a while getting started, but now I am more discriminating and targeted in what I am buying.

I am glad to hear that you are getting so much enjoyment from yours and that you didn't leave the forum. It wouldn't be quite as much fun without us, would it?

261 - 280 of 378 Posts