SlotForum banner
281 - 300 of 378 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
I was looking at the SRT chassis that I changed out last night. Upon closer inspection of the pinion and crown seamed to have a lot side to side play. Pressed the hub closer to the frame and then the gears seemed to match better and the test run was night and day compared to early test runs. My mistake for not tinkering with it earlier. But the Bulldog chassis is pretty impressive. It really made that Chaparral better.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
I was able to get another double side box for car storage. Luckily I got the last one. Was looking for pale blue paint, none. Next stop was Hobby Lobby and got the paint. Picked up 2 of the AW Rally cars with the tires on the roof. Next stop was the Post Office for more boxes. 2 more metal signs and 2 AW boxes. 3 Datsuns and 1 Ford GT.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
545 Posts
Nice haul. I've wanted to get the Fords with the tires on the roof, but they are either not in stock or are nearly $40, which is way more than I'm willing to pay for a body.

I was looking at the SRT chassis that I changed out last night. Upon closer inspection of the pinion and crown seamed to have a lot side to side play. Pressed the hub closer to the frame and then the gears seemed to match better and the test run was night and day compared to early test runs. My mistake for not tinkering with it earlier. But the Bulldog chassis is pretty impressive. It really made that Chaparral better.
I got only one SRT, magnets are too strong for my linking, but can be changed with a regular Turbo magnet bar. It's basically the same as the Bulldog, although the Bulldog has some improvements, better material and better finish overall. I'll be changing over a few Turbos for Bulldogs or maybe let the kids use the Turbos until they crack them.

The situation is similar with the Super G+ and Viper or G3, all pieces can be changed over except the magnets if I'm not mistaken.

· Registered
2,274 Posts
The level of detail can be very high. Similar to the price. I like the HO cars about as much as the 1/32 scale cars. They both have strengths and weaknesess. I prefer analog.

Good luck finding a 1/32 Mangusta DeTomasso slot car.

· Registered
1,245 Posts
"That is something that you put on a shelf. Never seen a HO with that detail. "--CB360

True dat, and you where one step ahead anyway. I was kind of impressed with how your HO car suggested the 1:1 Gulf car.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Got in some landscaping this morning and some organization of the spare parts that I have acquired. Cleaned up another AW body and got it primed. Checked out Micro Mark for small screwdrivers. Specifically for a nut driver for those new Thunderjet guide pin. I did the landscaping this morning around the tires I showed yesterday.
Plant Road surface Asphalt Urban design Grass

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
I decided to try some decals that I got from eBay. It's been a while since I've put waterside decals on but it has been a challenge. I asked the seller for some good references and he sent photos of the cars he had done. Most of the bodies were the Tomy / AFX GT40 bodies and I'm trying to make them work on the AW GT40 body. Not the same, but what the heck. Work with what you have and make sure that you do the best you can. Glad I bought extras.
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

281 - 300 of 378 Posts