SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
you know it'll never be finished now.. you hooked up thye powere too early!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, yeah it is a fast layout but i will finish it im on 2 weeks holiday ,got to do more barriers allready lost a nascar they bounce to many times (on concrete)
. The dimensions as follows 4.8 mtrs x 2.4 mtrs base size, lane lenght is 20.1 mtrs, and the slot spacing is 85mm i would have liked 95-100mm but i did want 4 lanes.
cheers David

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Nice track David. It really has a nice flow to it and the transition from the flats to the overpass is really well executed. I like the garage setting that it's in too. Does the track raise to the ceiling?

Brad

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Great track David. Nice combination of long straights and challenging curves. I agree with Brad - looks like it's got a good flow to it. I also like the color you've painted it - looks just like asphalt. Wish I were there to have a go at it.
Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all, thank you for your comments
,the track doesnt lift to the roof main reason it just weighs to much, and secondly i was really pushing for a double garage in the back yard for the track and storage BUT the boss (missus) said no
maybe next year
so i use underneath for storage and 1 car next to the track and the other in a carport behind garage which i must build one day.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Hi, Give yourself a big pat on the back, it looks really great! May be worth writing a feature for the forum on how you did the routing, as I'm thinking of doing a routed track myself.Was the bridge difficult to constuct? Mike J

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Mike
, the bridge was quite easy at both ends i cut out a piece around 450mm x 500mm of the base and screwed a board under the holes, then butt one end of the bridge screwed it down and started lifting from that side adjusting the height with 3mm mdf were needed (up or down) at the other end repeat of the first, had to trim off the excess of the bridge to make it butt against the end.
Must remember to make the bridge longer than you need because as you lift it in the middle you lose lenght.
i will see if i can find some pics
cheers David

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
That's a fabulous track, very well thought out, good straights, nice curves, variation, fast, smooth, challenging, easy to learn, nicely painted, effective simple scenery...need I go on? Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.