SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi,
Hope you like my new Scalextric digital track in Sydney Australia.
Features:
6 cars can race at once
40 m track ( of which 8m is pitlane)
6 Corner LC's
7 straight LC's
2 pitlane sets
All LC's seperatley powered
Power taps every 2m via 4mm loop cable
7 driver stations (channels 1-6 at each station)
30 garage pit set up
6 bay pitstop

7 Carrera double Grandstands
2 D3800 PSU's (one for LC's)
6 Parma Digital Controller
100 Digital cars

Soon to come:
Hidden SSD Powerbase
Lighting
Lap timing software
19" monitor
howards scenic supplies scale accessories

Cheers

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
What can one say? Wow. Stunning. Impressive.
I'd love to hear how it grew into this impressive track. Do you have a club racing there? How many people do you generally race with? Are the pits mostly for show, or are they an integral part of your racing?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Injectorman what can I say... That is fantastic, the type of digital track we all aspire to. I see you have done most of the mods,
how are you finding it runs in practice? Is there any interaction between the cars?

Just wait till Bleep sees this.

Rich

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi again,
Thanks for kind comments
@ Phil.....forgot the pics, here they are!
@Reckless....Yes very pleased after a lot of enjoyable but hard work, yes had analogue set when i was a kid.
@cl jagman..... thankyou, track record for standard Scaley car with magnets...10.4sec
@Mastrecar...thanks
@Maltese....Thanks...Vendors?
@Pierre...thanks
@Zipp.....thanks...yes a lot of "wonga"
@Triggy....thanks, best time 10.4....with worked car 9.4 sec
@g Davidson...thanks
@Chickster...thanks, I like the Carrera stuff, suits my needs better, Scalextric have best pit crews though!
@jmswms......Started out as a crappy AFX set in January for my sons Birthday, replaced next day with basic Analogue Bathurst scaley box, then added track, then added Digital in March, no club racing....yet! Would like to organise a fun dayone day for anyone to come. the pits are presently for show, but make no mistake, those 6 car bays are for hardcore racing with fuelstops incorporated one day when I set up PCLapcounter or similar.
@RichG...... Thanks...so far not one overload with 4 cars racing, no power surges or dead spots. Dont get you re interaction of cars?

Once again thankyou.

·
Administrator
10,408 Posts
Absolutely stunning! Wow! Talk about showing the world how it needs to be done!

Can I now turn to jealousy?
I'm never gonna have anything that in the same league as that.

- Next time I'm in Oz, I'll bring the beers....

Bloody well done

RikoRocket

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 28 Jul 2006, 09:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@RichG...... Thanks...so far not one overload with 4 cars racing, no power surges or dead spots. Dont get you re interaction of cars?

Interaction meaning one car affecting the others, effectively the same as power surges, so covered.

I cannot see a PC for Lap Timing are you running without one or is it hidden somewhere. Of course what a track like that really needs is a Lap Display.

Rich

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
@RichG.....I have a laptop, buying a 19" monitor to go with it (so can mount on wall) very soon. No noticeable interaction between cars so far, I guess with 6 might be different? I run at 14 volts. Lap display sounds good=)

@RikoRocket...thanks

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.