SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys... another question.

Last night we had a race-night... and my friend Futse drove his new 147 (the green one) on my track... immediately he was 0.4 sec faster than my red 147...

His green 147 was much faster... you could see it run away on straights!!!
We switched cars... and then I was more than 0.4sec faster with the green one. So it was defenetly the car that's faster. My red one is exact as fast as the white 147 of another friend of mine, and nothing's wrong with my car... It doesn't drive differently than he used to do...

Could it be possible that Fly fitted another gear ratio in the new 147? It sounds like the motor gets faster in the high rpms. Or should they have changed something else?

Have you guys have any experience with this issue?

G.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Astro is right - you can expect +/- 10% in performance from mass produced motors, and that is quite a lot if one is at the plus end and another at the minus. You can also expect minor performance differences from virtually every other component in the car, not perhaps as obvious, but nonetheless present. Absolute clone matching is virtually impossible, even if it was a primary aim, which it isn't.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... but there is no significant problem with the new 147 being faster than the older ones...

Then I'll try to get my 147 faster without cheating with magnets and stuff...

G.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The latest Alfa 147 is the first of the street versions and has just arrived in the UK. New alloy wheels and rear spoiler are the most obvious changes, along with a female driver. They should be with your dealers soon.

Aaron

·
Registered
549 Posts
I admit the girl is a bit 'Thelma and Louise' but she is quite good really.

Having trouble selling? They only arrived in the UK today!!

A lit one will follow in a week or so, watch this space.

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.