SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I have not seen this posted before so thought I would put it up for comment.

Dave Chang has his "Digital Slot Car Racing in 1/32 Scale" book due to be released in Nov.

If you want to read about it check it out at Dave's website -- (link)

From what I have seen it is being advertised at the various Amazon sites (Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.ca, etc.) for pre-ordering as well as directly from Dave's website.

Maybe someone has had a preview and can give us a review? Or if not, will someone review it when it is released?

Cheers!

Moderator ... if this should be in another forum, please relocate it. I was not sure if it should be under Media or Digital. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I met Dave when e ace to the ASSC to take ome pictures.

I think I finally have a book to put on the crimbo list, my mother will be proud

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have this book on ordre from Dave's website. Should have it within de next 14 days. I'm Really looking forward to reading this.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give us a review when you get it.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
There's quite a few pages to browse (legally) here: link

I found Dave Chang's last book very useful particularly whilst still at the early stages of slot car addiction but it's still a good read and good to have all the tips in one place.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the preview is very interesting (I also have his first book).
Just want to make sure I can get the new one with free shipping from either a hobby store (that is where I found the last one) or via the internet.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Glad you got it safely and like it!

By the way - my first shipment of stock ran out quite quickly mainly filling pre-orders, but I now have restocked.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Astro,
Do you know when shipments will be making their way to N. America?
I would prefer getting it from a local shop if possible and if not then off a N. American web site that begins with "A" (hint, hint) since they do not charge shipping.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
QUOTE (sealevel @ 7 Dec 2011, 19:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would prefer getting it from a local shop if possible and if not then off a N. American web site that begins with "A" (hint, hint)

Amazing? something like that?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
QUOTE (sealevel @ 7 Dec 2011, 19:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Astro,
Do you know when shipments will be making their way to N. America?
I would prefer getting it from a local shop if possible and if not then off a N. American web site that begins with "A" (hint, hint) since they do not charge shipping.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Cheers!

Just checked with the publisher. The US distributor (Motorbooks International) are adding the title to their Spring catalogue and planning to release the book around March time. Sorry about the long wait - but that's how it is. I ship internationally if you are in a hurry!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, Astro.
I should be doing another road trip in July so can search the slot shops then.

If I get antsy, I will look into that "A" website... cannot refuse free shipping!

Cheers and thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Since i found Dave's "slot car handbook" a joy to read, so I've ordered a copy of his new book today. I found it on a dutch online bookshop site, only 3 days delivery time, free of charge. I'll be looking forward to it, having leaped into digital racing (Scorpius Wireless) only recently :)

Merc

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 15 Dec 2011, 12:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Short review of the book Digital Slot Car Racing in 1/32 scale.

Check it out here.
Got a copy for Xmas & am very impressed - much more content than I expected

QUOTE Extracted from Doug's review: As this is basically a guide for somebody getting into Digital, I am not sure what an existing digital slot racer would get out of it.Well I've been in digital since coming back to slot cars 2 years ago after a 25 year break and I'm already really getting a lot out of the book. Although I've been reading slot forums for the last year this book gives the complete picture and is informed and well written and laid out with pertinent pics! Not only is it interesting to read about the background to SSD, my current system, but it satifies my curiosity about the other systems, especially as I keep hearing good things about Carrera, Scorpion and Oxigen in particular but haven't really got a handle on what they do differently.

As SlotCar Mag review mentions, there's no real negative points - it's all good stuff and very readable. I've only dipped in so far so I may have missed it, but a minor quibble is the lack of cover of the latest unofficial firmwares for the SSD APB and the InCarPro chip upgrades but you've got to stop researching and publish at some stage and these invaluable upgrades probably won't reach the mainstream until Scalextric embraces them.

So, hats off to Dave and as they say in France, "buy it with your eyes closed"!

Cheers,
Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts