SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The RCS Team is proud to announce the new Bootloader, really a first spin off of the improved cooperation with Slot IT.

What is new?

• Complete rewrite and test of all the tasks
  • Add 'Check for updates' button, meaning if there is a new update of the BL, it will be indicated and you can update from within the BL.
  • Updated Download FW version function
  • Visual warning when you update an older FW than available
  • Added a Clone/Declone function
  • Improved the stability of the connection between BL and devices (and link car to controller/controller to car option improved)
  • More hoover information text boxes
  • Fixed ' Exit' issue of Bootloader
  • Check / test button setup for ARC controller
  • Read back data from Arc Pro fixed
  • Current FW of dongle always visible
  • Add a clock with a rotating hand to show that BL is trying to contact a device

Where can I find It?

It will be available on Slot IT and RCS website soon, but you can already download as zip or .exe file from here; (.exe not always allowed)

http://schmidt-thomsen.dk/Slot.it_Bootloader/

We believe it is a real improvement compared to the older bootloader and there will be more to come in the future.

Marcel/Martin, team RCS

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I've downloaded the version here and I can't connect the handle (SCP3) and the chip car(C) to the bootloader. The dongle does recognize it and if it connects.

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
I have B1,B2 and C1 decoders in each case with the last version of firmware that pre-dated the Slot.it registering process. Are these likely to function with the above new bootloader or should I stick with the earlier Slot.it version of the bootloader? my main requirement is switching between O2 modes.

Many thanks,

c

·
Registered
33 Posts
Testing, I have tried to update the firmware of the dongle and I think that by mistake I have put some wrong information and I think it has died. No led lights up. Is there a way to go back to factory settings? If I connect it to it by pressing the two buttons on the dongle at the same time, an LED lights up but the boootloader is not able to recognize it. Any ideas?

·
Greg Gaub
15,413 Posts
Thank you. How do I use the guarantee? Through the store where I bought it?
Send an email to s[email protected] and explain what happened and quote the message above from slot.it, and they'll make sure it gets to the right person to let you know how to proceed. Depending on the retailer, you might be able to do it all through them, or you might need to ship the dongle to slot.it directly. Either way, you'll have a working dongle soon.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts