SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
Thank you. How do I use the guarantee? Through the store where I bought it?
Send an email to [email protected] and explain what happened and quote the message above from slot.it, and they'll make sure it gets to the right person to let you know how to proceed. Depending on the retailer, you might be able to do it all through them, or you might need to ship the dongle to slot.it directly. Either way, you'll have a working dongle soon.

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
Testing, I have tried to update the firmware of the dongle and I think that by mistake I have put some wrong information and I think it has died. No led lights up. Is there a way to go back to factory settings? If I connect it to it by pressing the two buttons on the dongle at the same time, an LED lights up but the boootloader is not able to recognize it. Any ideas?
Can you recall what process you used to install the wrong firmware? This is not something that should be able to happen accidentally, IMHO.

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
Same here. Worked great first time. Windows is another story, as I was forced into an update before it would let me do anything. Fortunately, after a few hours of it doing that, the bootloader installed, dongle found, updated, and I proceeded to test connection with controllers and car chips. All worked nicely, and as expected. It's nice to be able to easily set the lane change mode (O2/SSD/D132) with a simple button click for all the different types of chips. I'm especially enjoying the ability to save controller profiles, and then pair cars to any saved controller by selecting from the saved controller list.

I do have a couple requests, though. If possible, I'd like to be able to change the order of my listed/saved controllers. They are listed in order of when they were first saved, and I can't rearrange them at all. Ideally, I'd like to be able to manually change the order, but being able to click a button to re-order alphanumerically would be just as good. Also, I noticed that if I write a new ID # using that function, it's not saved to the controller DB. I'd like that to happen automatically whenever I use the Write button to change a controller ID. I can't think of any reason not to automatically save such a change to the controller database. Currently, you have to remember to save the controller again, after you've changed the ID.

A car/chip database with similar functionality would also be handy. :)

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
I think that would be great. Plug it into RCSO2 while they're at it.
smile.png

The upside is that the PC can save info about ALL the controllers and chips, not just the ones with the BLE chip (SCP3, Type B2/C)

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
Yeah... I still don't understand what you mean. Maybe an example will help? All I know is that it was really nifty to save all my controllers, and then as I went through the cars to confirm various settings, I would pair them to specific controllers that they had not previously been paired to. I could then drive the car with the controller. What kind of scenario would that not work?

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
Thanks, Martin. I understand now. I can see how that may be problematic. But, this also makes it useful to tie into the slot.it device database system, because then the repository is outside of the local PC/app. The problem with that, of course, is that you'd need to log in, and either limit to one account, or allow multiple logins.

I like your idea of checking against the stored data and updating it. I can't think of any reason not to do that, since apparently the MAC address is easily changed on any device. I always though that was pretty much set in stone, and pairing simply told each device what the other MAC address is for it to listen to or talk to.

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
OK. Now that we know what you've installed, what is the actual problem? I assume there's an error message of some kind? What does it say?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts