SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just tried to Downgrade a Dongle to Version 2.14. And then the bootloader cant connect like yours.

You can Install the old bootloader and upgrade the dongle.

And in the meantime I will figure out if I can update the new bootloader for handling the old FW.

Martin

Update: My mistake It actually work. I was just doing something wrong.

Can you PM me so we can debug your Dongle/system?

·
Registered
295 Posts
As I recall is it mostly related to stability of the bootloader. Its related to connect and disconnect devices.

It is highly recommended to update for a proper use of the bootloader.

Martin

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice feedback and some nice ideas.

I am not sure how the Car database should work. The way the Controller DB works is that it stores the ID and Mac from the controller and clone it to the Car. But if we make a simuler DB for the Car, One off the DB will be invalid as the Mac and ID will change in the cloning Device. That's the Main reason why we haven't made the Car DB.

The drawback for the Controller DB is that if you use the controller combination for pairing car and controller the Controller MAC in the DB will not be in sync as this function copy the car mac into the Controller.

I hope it makes it all a bit clear how its working at least I did try to explain:).

We have actually talked about the Registration DB in the Bootloader, As I recall is the problem that this is a BLE command and the Dongle is not a BLE dongle.

We have also looked into if we might be able to a BLE dongle that is compatible with the nrf chip. then we could also add FW update for the bootloader, But the status is that we have only found one dongle and the API for this is very messy and limited. We haven't given up both slot.it and RCS Team are looking at that option.

Martin

·
Registered
295 Posts
Car and Controller have an ID number and a Mac address.

If the Controller and car have the same ID and Mac address their paired.

The controller DB stores the ID and Mac for the controller. Then When you connect a car and want it to be paired with a controller it change the MAC and ID in the Car to match the chosen controller.

This actually have a drawback. If you pair the Car and controller manually by the Button combination on the controller. The controller Mac is changed to the CAR MAC address. Then the controller in the DB have a mismatch in the MAC address.as the mac in the controller have changed.

To make a Car DB that does the same as the controller DB. we can only store the Car ID and when Cloning a Car to a controller the Controller in the DB is not valid anymore.

But that said its got me thinking. Maybe if the bootloader by default check if the connected controller is already registered in the DB and simply just change this as well.I gues that will work. Only drawback is if you use multiple PC's then you cant end up in a DB that is out of sync.

In major race that consist of a teams often use multiple controllers that are linked to one car. So it shall be easy to clone multiple controllers to one car. This was the first idea behind the Classic cloning. So it stores one Car and then you could connect controllers one by one and clone it to the car.

For home racers, the angel we took is users that are use to the SSD pairing function. they pair cars to controllers. they often have one controller paired to multiple cars. As we are going to a race with both controller and multiple cars.

That's why we have the Classic cloning function and also the Controller DB so we can fulfil both ways of handling this.

Damn this was a long description, I hope it helps a bit, I can tell that we have had several talks to Slot.it to try to find a simple way but we haven't found the golden way to do it. But we are as always open for suggestion.

Martin.

·
Registered
295 Posts
MrFlippant

One drawback with the CarDatabase.

If you connect a controller and want to connect it to a car from the Database. I can lookup in the database the controller from the old Mac and ID, but what if you have two controllers with the same MAC and ID. Someone will have more controllers to one car. So I would not know witch one to change.

Sadly the bootloader are not able to readout a unique ID to the device, but I will talk to slot.it about this, We actually already have but as I recall we did park it for know as we had several other task to do before. But it might be that now is the time..

Martin

·
Registered
295 Posts
To have the best result you should have the PC on the internet for installing.

The new way of installing the bootloder is that the package itself it not that big anymore as the Package manager collect PC data to find all drivers that is necessary for the current configuration. We can make an installer that would be possible to install on the PC but it will be very big as it need to take in to account all possible configurations. And even then we wont cover all scenarios.

We should have been more clear on this but I honestly thought that all had acces to the internet..

·
Registered
295 Posts
@GRUNZ Hmm ok that is weird, All the specs says it will work on win 7 SP1, but I haven't tested it my self, but actually I think Marcel have.

The NI Package Manager should take care of all the dependencies, and I have also the old one installed parallel so I dont think this is the problem.

I will try to se if NI have announced any problems with this..

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its very odd. It seems like even though it sys it can be used on Win7. sadly its not.
Sorry not much we can do about this beside ask you to upgrade your windows.
Sorry for that.
Martin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts