SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
3,033 Posts
The old chips will work. Actually, the early versions of the bootloader are not going to be supported anymore.

·
Vendor
3,033 Posts
Yes. I have the most current firmware on the dongle. In the previous version, chips and scp controllers and ARC PRO controllers with oxygen firmware connect without problems.
Strange, we've tried it extensively. Can you give us any other information?

·
Vendor
3,033 Posts
Wait, I'll let you know. The dongle firmware upgrade is done through a Nordic USB protocol, I guess there must be a way...

·
Vendor
3,033 Posts
Windows drivers have been a veritable pain in the neck. Have you tried to remove and reinstall all? Because from the screenshots, it should be recognized.

·
Vendor
3,033 Posts
Hello, honestly, I am very afraid
grump.gif
grump.gif
to update the dongle (now 2.14) and now everything works fine, to be able to use the new version of the Bootloader.

Once the dongle was turned off, and slot-it had to change it for me.
mad.gif
mad.gif

And really, I couldn't figure out what happened when I got turned off.
Neither we could, but it is the first time that it happened, so if I were you, I would update when necessary.

·
Vendor
3,033 Posts
I think we need Martin and Marcel to take a look off-line.

Meanwhile, my installation is working perfectly on a new Windows 10 machine.

I do however have one question for Martin, Marcel and Maurizio... why call this a bootloader? is it just historical? in my opinion the program is far more than a simple bootloader... for example... it can be used to change decoder and car ID settings, it can change track mode for the IR strobe, and loads more etc etc... so IMHO its really a Slot.it system configuration utility program with an in-built bootloader for firmware upgrades.

So as I say, far more than a simple bootloader which would typically only be used for transferring hex files.

And it has been really nicely implemented too. Thanks for sharing this hard work
thumbsup.gif

c
Yes, historically called Bootloader. Any suggestions?

·
Vendor
3,033 Posts
In fact, after the 3.15 rollout is finished, the next step is a new dongle.

Our first tests indicate that it may be possible to use it as a BL device, which would be a very good thing to integrate in the BL system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts