SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
I have B1,B2 and C1 decoders in each case with the last version of firmware that pre-dated the Slot.it registering process. Are these likely to function with the above new bootloader or should I stick with the earlier Slot.it version of the bootloader? my main requirement is switching between O2 modes.

Many thanks,

c

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Separate subject... but related to the New Bootloader... am I correct in understanding there is still a requirement to load an unsigned USB driver for Windows 10?

c

Edit... questions now answered.

1/ I followed the Galileo Engineering certificate update - easy.
2/ I followed the driver update procedure - easy.
3/ instantly bootloader v3 recognised the dongle and recommended I update the dongle firmware from v3.10 to v3.11 - I did that too - very easy!
4/ bootloadee v3 looks great - easily connects to decoders and SCP controllers.

Very nice job... to Martin, Marcel and Maurizio's team.

Thank you!

c

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
I see its assigning to COM3 - when you move the dongle to a different physical port does the port number change in device manager?

c

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Maybe worthwhile installing the O2 Chrono rms app (if not already installed) and then you could use this app to see whether the dongle is recognised?

c

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Whether you use Chrono as an rms app, or not, it looks a great system diagnostic e.g. traffic lights to show which controllers and cars are in play and their IDs etc. I know it does far more than that... but a great system diagnostic too IMO.

c

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
I think we need Martin and Marcel to take a look off-line.

Meanwhile, my installation is working perfectly on a new Windows 10 machine.

I do however have one question for Martin, Marcel and Maurizio... why call this a bootloader? is it just historical? in my opinion the program is far more than a simple bootloader... for example... it can be used to change decoder and car ID settings, it can change track mode for the IR strobe, and loads more etc etc... so IMHO its really a Slot.it system configuration utility program with an in-built bootloader for firmware upgrades.

So as I say, far more than a simple bootloader which would typically only be used for transferring hex files.

And it has been really nicely implemented too. Thanks for sharing this hard work :thumbsup:

c

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
BTW... really looking forward to using the new programme with slot.it configured ARC throttle controllers - thanks for adding this feature too!

c

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Opened up the latest Slot.it/RSCO2 bootloader on my Win10 machine a few minutes ago... clicked on download latest firmware and the new v3.12 firmware for dongle immediately appeared.

Clicked on connect dongle and then clicked on dongle firmware update... I was invited to select v3.12. I agreed, a progress bar raced across the screen and within approx 10 seconds the task was completed.

Once again thanks guys for making the whole experience so straight forward and enjoyable.

c

1 - 10 of 10 Posts