SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Hi All,

I run a Warsteiner 956 which I've had for a couple of years, I've also had the problem that has been mentioned and have also tried various tyres, all that I've done to stop the tyres rubbing is to place a washer/shim between the body mount and chassis to just give that extra bit of clearance while still using 19x10 zero grips (a number of the guys at our club set their front axles by
gluing plastic washers to the axle mounts once they've set the ride height they require using 17x10 zero grips).

I've also just had a Marlboro 956 (probably from the same outlet) at 29.99, as I understand it these are fitted with the latest
Evo 6 chassis (mine is to join the other twenty or so that are still sealed), I have removed the spare Evo 6 chassis that came
with the Newman 956.

The Evo 6 differs at the front end so that you can use grub screws in the top axle mounts, I'd also removed the axle blocks and
fitted long grub screws in the underside of the chassis so that I can set the axle perfectly and use 17x10 zero grips, I've not
used the axle cups or whatever you like to call them, however on one of the american sites I've seen someone using the rear
spherical bushes fitted at the front to locate the axle.

One other unconnected point is that when I tried to fit the Evo 6 chassis to my Warsteiner 956 the rear chassis screw mount is
well out of alignment (just like the NSR drop arm on the Corvette) but the chassis screwed in ok to a Kenwood 956 that I have,
nothing is bent cracked or broken.

Robert.

· Registered
234 Posts
I also have the NSR Compuware Corvette C6R (my first NSR) and most definately the fastest car I own around our Club track
(North Staffs), I use a Tru Speed Club mk1 controller but its currently out of action with a fault and haven't yet used it with my
NSR Corvette, only been using a 45 ohm Parma.

Have just purchased an NSR Porsche 917K in Red for our new Classic GT series and ran it for the first time a couple of days
ago, wish I'd purchased NSR's before now, but RTR or Ready to win out of the box....mmm..

Robert.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.