SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why are slot car prices so high, eg racer£199 uses slot it running gear same as their£40 sideways range, you would never even put this car on the track,a slot car destined for life in a box! nsr £70 put together in italy with high labour costs to ensure quality control, ask how many people on this forum have had issues with an nsr straight from the box. £60-£70 slot it nice models good running gear made from chinese parts.and so on down to the cheaper end. £35 for a scaly impact resistant car no insides black windows not high detail ,I mean £35 for half a car? right down to carrera£25-£28depending who you buy from. good looking cars, good body-wheel detail standard mabuchi and running gear.MADE IN CHINA. whats not to like about the price of these models. theres hard core club and home racers that wont leave any thing alone, down to the rugrat racers looking to change tyres first and so on. £200to£25 is quite a spread. nearly all the parts are sourced from CHINA maybe all in most cases, i dont know! but it makes sense to have the mould and the bodies made in china. so whats the [[[£175]]] difference in making a racer or carrera car. john

· Registered
3,558 Posts
i,ve never paid full price for a new slot car. i wait untill their on special offer or come up on ebay, new or second hand doesn,t matter to me because there going to see a lot of track time and there going to be altered in some way. i wonder what racer would charge for a white body kit? if they did them. and thats what i,m talking about julian £40 for an nsr, thats about the right price for all nsrs new cars. john.

· Registered
3,558 Posts
this has been interesting reading. just a couple of points. a thank you to john cahill, who did me a massive favour when i was skint. top bloke.to FZFsemans ive got no vested interest in carrera, i was just wondering why they can produce at this sort of price and why cant any one else.the other point is to FW14b- stoner is a nickname i acquired in the 1960s when i dam near consumed the gross national production of purple hearts single handedly. i,m older and a bit wiser now,thanks guys for defending my honour! but i fail to see why you couldn,t understand my post when so many people took the time and effort to air their views. the fact is its a bit of old fashioned envy, i,d love to be in the position to buy a truckload[well a couple anyway] of all the dear cars, different liveries, models ect, as i suspect a lot of people would. coming back to my original thread, yes it cost pennies more to prodce a slot it gear as opposed to a plastic gear, the pinions, axles, mabuchi-motors, brass axle carriers, guides, cost the same[roughly]. motors-you can pick up a spec that you want from millions of motors that they produce every day, custom wind or wire thickness is a touch on the computer button, that leaves bodys chassis and paint-tampo, that varies the cost, as their all made the same way it must be down to the mould that accounts for the £175 spread in costs, do you reckon thats about right. any punctuation-spelling errors, you can put down to the poor schooling i had in the east end. big up to all. john.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.