SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, first post from me.
I am having a bit of a crisis with finding the right slot car. I want a fast scalextric/ compatible car for up to 50 quid. 1/32 scale and I really want to design the livery myself. If anyone has any tips, links or ideas, they are 'mucho appriciato!'
Cheers

馃嵑馃嵑

Registered
Slot It do some white kits that would be fast. You can paint them or decal them to your own design.
NSR also do some white kits but they may be more then 拢50, heading towards 拢60.

Premium Member
I can aways help with Slot IT, NSR or Sideways white kits, cheap as possible UK deals.
PM when find the one you want.

Recommendations -

Slot It -
Group C models esp. Porsches
Touring Cars Mercedes 190 or Calibra
GT3 Nissan GTR, Maserati MC GT

Policar-
Classics - Ferrari P4 330

Sideways -
Group 5 Ford Capri
Group 5 BMW 320

(all of the above with or without magnet)

NSR
Mosler - Ideally set up non magnet
F1 1988 to 1989 Series - ideally set up non magnet

Max

David H
I want a fast scalextric/ compatible car for up to 50 quid. 1/32 scale and I really want to design the livery myself.
Under 拢50, have a look on Pendle's website at white kits from Slot.it, Policar and Sideways, where you'll probably find something that appeals to you. Then have a look and see if TopSlotsnTrains stock it, because unless you're one of the many who get a 10% discount at Pendle, TopSlots will be cheaper.

If you can stretch to more than 拢50, look at kits from NSR too.

Premium Member
OK, if you're going to force me to give you a prices then....

拢39 for any Slot It white kit wth just 拢2 contribution towards P&P.
UK only deal and for that P&P I reckon I send 4 cars in one package.

拢39 for Policar, as above.

拢39 for most Sideways - some new releases like McLaren 拢49, other Lamborghini's 拢45, P&P the same as above.

拢49 for any NSR white kits with 拢3 for P&P, UK only deal. Again I can send up to 4 cars in one box for that P&P.

Right now if you want either of these 2 complete or both then...

拢39 Slot It Mercedes 190 Touring car, Silver livery with signatures.
拢39 Sideways BMW 320 Group 5 no.13 BMW Junior Team Motorsport Livery.

I'll also list a load of spares, mostly Slot It and NSR all new with 20% off RRP UK prices in next few days.
Some have added bits from loose spares, either brand new or put together and hardly used, making for even better deals. For example, brand 16" slot it aluminium standard wheel, with plastic 16" wheels (pair) for front and x2 axles, just 拢10 incl. P&P (padded envelope, std 2nd class).

And finally a good white kit model to start painting and adding livery is a simple one like Sideways BMW 320 models. Nice flat side skirts, simple lines etc....

Max

Premium Member
The lord loves a trier, yes? I'm just answering the call of our Prime Minister and getting on with it.

I'll even throw in a free Mike Brewer style [Wheeler Dealer] "congratulations my friend, who just bought yourself a ....." to close.

Max
(While I don't have the Trilby hat, I do drive a Jaaag and have been known to smoke the odd cigar).
:)

Premium Member
David H
I'm only a one man band, trying to help out. Rejoice in cheap deals all round.

I have just checked, including P&P a white kit is 拢41.18 from said store.
My price is 拢41.00 and no further P&P if you buy another 3!
No need for apologies between "friends".

And, that shop price is a great deal and people need to support those shops as much as possible, we will miss them when they're gone. I used to sell from my parents shop as a sideline, as it was my hobby. I'm still thinking about re-pening, possibly focused on slot cars and RC cars but not just yet.

Max

1 - 14 of 14 Posts