SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...I have two new 1/32 Carrera digital cars (BMW Procar & Ford Capri Zakspeed) that are making a lot of noise on the track with and without a chassis. I can't see any issues in the mechanical aspects, everything seems to turn freely and nothing is rubbing. Can it be just the tires out of round out of the box? I have a video but I only see that you can upload photos. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Greg Gaub
14,789 Posts
I agree with slotspeed. Pull one of the magnets and see what happens.

Also, does it make the same noise with the rear wheels held up?

If so, or you feel a vibration at the same frequency the sound made, then it might be related to the gear(s).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no noise with the wheels pulled up, so you are probably right about the magnets. I'll give it a try later today and report back the results...thanks for the suggestions everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Removing the center magnet did the trick! Thanks for the help. One last thing, I noticed there is a steel spacer with the magnet. I was trying to locate additional stock but only can find the magnets themselves, anyone know a place where I can just get additional spacers?

·
Greg Gaub
14,789 Posts
Your office supply shelf. ;-) A few thicknesses of paper cut to size and holes in the right place.

Keep in mind that the spacers will put the magnet closer to the rails, increasing their pull. You want to do it a very small amount at a time. Even one thickness of standard printer paper can make a measurable difference. As the tires wear, that will also increase the magnetic pull.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had a similar noise issue with both my Carrera Ford Capri and Bill Thomas Cheetah. Couldn't figure it out until I changed the rear rims on one of the cars to fit aftermarket tyres and the noise stopped. It seems that the Carrera rim design, with many little cavities within the rim, results in a rolling surface which is not perfectly round and this causes the noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts