SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you need photos for the 2004 Vintage:

There will be 8.000 of them but now they are arriving at slow pace to the shops.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for that sean,

i have been looking for a place to grab imports from, that marc gene test car looks nice, its just a shame the scx cars are so out of proportion, i think the renault scalextric is by far the closest to realism so far.

Any ideas where i might be able to grab some pre-painted helmets from? Looking for schumachers helmet for the carrera ferrari version.

Thanks in advance and great forum!

Phil

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE There will be 8.000 of them but now they are arriving at slow pace to the shops.

I am sure they will be slow to go off too

At the risk of inflamming the SCX collecters that is one UGLY car. To me it just looks like a lump of primary coloured plastic with a few silver bits glued on. I know it has history but.....

·
Registered
714 Posts
On that car, 'in-flaming' sounds exactly right!

And I tend to agree - it's only claim to flaim is the rather dubious 'limited/reissue/blah blah' description that will automatically attract some 'collectors' in spite of it being a fairly faithful rendition of what was always a fairly horrible slot car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ugly yes, but perhaps second only to the rear engined Corvette from last year.

These things go in threes so I wonder waht other ugly old Scaley car they can reproduce.

And no, the Sigma doesn't count.................I love that car!!!

Cheers

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just heard that the Set cars will not be available (via normal routes) in the UK.

USA, GErmany, France etc but not UK - licence issues.

I belive the numbers on the Mustang are 4000 in SCX versions and 4000 in Scalextric (Spain) versions.

One thing that our Spainish forum members could help with:

I have all the Tecnitoys Vintage cars. Most of the SCX versions have the LE number stamped into the chassis, but the Spanish versions i have don't - do the Spainsh versions of these Mustangs have the number stamped into the chassis?

Gareth

PS thaks Sean for correcting my mistake on the Mit Spain version.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Personally rather the Mustang over the two fairly nondescript rally cars any day, they look like they should have been released back in mid 90's. Especially when compared to other SCX cars released to date.

Phil, with reference to Schumacher's helmet. I am currently pondering whether to swap the existing Carrera driver/helmet for a current Scalextric F1 driver and repainting?

Best regards,

James.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yes jamie i was considering doing the same,

getslotted now sell the drivers for the f1 cars seperatly, £1.50 each, i might buy a few and have a go at painting them.

I was just wondering if you could buy them yourself from anywhere, as the renault f1 looks so much better with the alonso and trulli helmets

Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts