SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive installed a b chip into a car paired to SCP2 controller and tried to drive it, went a short distance and stopped. The led on chip constant red not blinking. I reached over to grab the car and the led started flashing again. So with the scp close to the car or pointing the base of handle with stub aerial at the car it connects but move a meter or less and car disconnects . It was on a revo slot aluminium chassis, so for avoidance of doubt I moved the chip to a plastic chassis car and same issue. Doesnt happen with other b chips

I havent changed any software but thats also an issue , cant connect any devices to the app

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
what is the led on the controller doing when the car stops? Does it blink slowly like if it is not connected?

Also, if you have chrono can you see what is the status of the car/controller?

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
You guys are hitting all kind of strange behaviors. Never had the issues that you are seeing on your setup.

Given that you mounted first on a revoslot with an allu chassis my first reaction would be that you have damaged something on the chip.

If this is not the case then it could be a chip issue.

It has happened in the past - although not very often - that some slot.it devices had issues.

Send it back to slot.it and have it replaced.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
And always insulate the chip when installing to a metal chassis or on any metal part of any car.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the aerial is still on the chip, and not broken off somehow.

Agree with Gio to return the chip for replacement.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
In general, if you have issues and you want us to help you need to provide a bit more info.

Pictures of chip installs always help.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
@Albion ....... what controller are you using?

·
novice jazz player &
6,599 Posts
The most obvious possibility would be an antenna which is nicely glued in place but not connected electrically... i.e. a simple broken wire. Any chance this might be the problem here?

c

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
It could be a broken antenna although I would expect to lose the connection with the controller at bigger distances not just after one meter.

·
novice jazz player &
6,599 Posts
If all other wireless decoders function with correct range... it does sound like a problem with the decoder itself rather than an installation issue or an interference issue (note ARC PRO can cause interference with O2 systems as they share similar protocols and in some cases the same rf channels).

c

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Just to make sure I would like him to pair the chip with another SCP2 controller.

The main suspicion is that the chip was installed in a revoslot.

·
novice jazz player &
6,599 Posts
Yep - and as mentioned earlier by Gio - some photos would be really helpful all round if possible please?

c

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Just my 2 ct's
But as its an intermittent error this does sound like a faulty soldering of the antenna.
Could be a small minute crack in the solder hardly noticeable without a magnifying glass

I would suggest you follow Gio's suggestion and send it back to the retailer and/or Slot.it...

That would at least be within warranty demands.

...or if you don't have the patience to wait...and you're up for it and have confidence in wheeling a soldering iron (but make it one with a small tip and at lowish temp)
You could try to heat up/reflow the soldering of the antenna on the bottom of the chip.

With kind regards

Tamar

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just to make sure I would like him to pair the chip with another SCP2 controller.
The main suspicion is that the chip was installed in a revoslot.
When in the revo slot it was on top of double sided foam tape , so no risk of hitting the chassis direct to chip. Here it is with another controller

Well tried but doesnt allow video files.

Hope this helps and thanks for feedback

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
hi Maurizio

In the first post they said that the chip was then moved to a plastic chassis with the same results.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I have no problems with Revoslot and type C chips. I do have however a chip with the same issue as described, never figured out what it was. It was mounted in a car with plastic chassis.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Heres the current installation

I previously had a c chip in the revo and that worked. I wanted to use that chip in a car with less installation space and installed the b. With this problem I was concerned that the b chip and metal chassis wasnt going to work , and moved the b to the current SW car. The protective shield is still on the bottom of the chip and its only been installed using double sided foam tape .

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
I do not see any issue in the pics.

I can see that you have re-soldered the pick-up wires (I like the way you routed the wires through the chassis to keep the wires out of the way of the front axle and the chip in place).

Given that you are not scared of using the soldering iron, you might want to check the antenna integrity and whether it is connected correctly.

To be sure you could replace with a wire of similar length.

Other than that I do not know what to suggest. It might be just a lemon.

Ah, you need to work on how you attach the ferrite man to the motor: one of the legs is dangerously close to the motor casing.

I would recommend to have some wires between the ferrite man and the motor terminals and position the ferrite man along the side of the motor.

You might need to reduce the length of the motor wires from the chip but it is worth it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts