SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
scalextric F1:
The guide being the only free area, otherwise box standard. Cars using FF 18,000 rpm motors only.

Club NASCAR. The club will purchase an appropriate number of SCX NASCAR cars & I will prepare these for racing ( can I purchase or be supplied a car to evaluate what needs doing ) A decision needs to be made as to when you want to run this class.

Slot it group C: standard orange endbell motors, inline or sidewinder chassis & motor mounts must be original configuration, standard body & interior. Wheels, tyres, gears must be slot it. Guide free area.

Modified Slot it cars may now run in Open GT.

Japs to be dropped.

Race night format:

NSR Porsches / Club Porsches.

Slot it Group C / Open GT

Scalextric F1 / Ninco Ford GT

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Suggestions so far:

scalextric F1:
The guide being the only free area, otherwise box standard. Cars using FF 18,000 rpm motors only.
With magnet.
Without magnet

Club NASCAR. with magnet

Slot it group C: standard orange endbell motors, inline or sidewinder chassis & motor mounts must be original configuration, standard body & interior. Wheels, tyres, gears must be slot it. Guide free area.

Modified Slot it cars may now run in Open GT.

Japs to be dropped.

Replace the Ford GT class with an open rally class (or rallyross to be more exact) Standard body and chassis, free choice of motor, wheels guide. Non-mag

Ban nsr from open gt replacing jpgt with like an open nsr class.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick
just been running a scalextric f1 without magnet - its not too bad. Glue motor in, fit slot it guide, true rear tyres but had to reduce diameter of fronts as they dont turn very freely and cause a lot of drag.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
You missed the building of a new track with 12 lanes for the 12 nascars to run on, each driver must now drive two cars at once in this class. Changing wheels & tyres at least once during a heat is compulsory.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Following on from Robs suggestion to change the JGTC to an open class I modified my Lexus to suit, just for initial testing. This car was run by most members on friday and appears to have been well recieved. Below is the changes I made followed by my proposal for class rules.

Slot it rear tyres - P6's
NSR 6704 gear set for Ninco.
NSR 3012 motor - 21,400rpm @ 12v ( I used this as I do not have a good NC5 and I like the smooth power delivery of the King motor )
No magnet
Front axle position raised.
Prorace sprung guide.
Low profile zero grip front tyres.
Motor glued to chassis, rear axle bearings bonded to axle mounts & the mounts bridged to the motor with hot melt to retain a constant running gear mesh.

Proposed JGTC rules.
A/ Existing rules apply for running with magnet.

B/ No magnet.
Tyres: free area
Gears: free area but must retain the ratio of 12/32.
Chassis: must retain original chassis, but may carry small 'adjustments'.
Motors: maximum 21,500 rpm @12v, motors with 'magnetic downforce' NOT allowed.

If any member wanting to enter the non magnet class and is unable to prepare their car I am willing carry this out for just the cost of parts. (one per member only)

Now over to you guys for comments.......

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ash you do not need to use prorace wheels, I just took them off an Astra with the tyres already on for ease of preping a car to test. But the bling does suit the Lexus.

Colin: Robs idea was to rejuvenate the class, not start a mag verses non mag situation.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I have just done the same mods to a Gallardo and it also goes well. Tried it with an NC5 first, but much prefer the NSR motor for drivability. So swapped the NC5 for NSR King motor and its a pleasure to drive. Slot it Boxer would probably perform quite well in this set up.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Ash
You do not need to spend money on wheels & axles unless they are knackered.
The 3 key areas are:
Tyres, ensuring they are glued and trued
Replacing the gears & ensuring the gear mess is good and the running tolerance is consistent when running.
Chassis prep & set up.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The early/std ninco axles are 2.5mm the later ones inc prorace are 3/32.
The two nsr gear sets I have used so far I've had to clean out with a drill to get a slide on fit. Ive had to do the same with prorace wheels. But thats the nature of fettling any car.
One important thing I found is that the axle bushes need to be a good fit on the axle or you'll get handling & gear mesh issues.

· Registered
159 Posts
I would go for:
Open ninco (tin tops) non magnet & Open GT Non Magnet ( to inc. Slot it )
Porsche night. Club porsches & NSR porsches
Club Nascars & Ninco Ford GT

Or drop Ford GT & keep Slot it.

Proposed Open Ninco rules.
A/ Existing rules apply for running with magnet. ( allow limited time for members to run existing cars before adjusting cars to open rules )

B/ No magnet. (prefered)
Anglewinder chassis cars only.
Wheels & Tyres: free area. Wheels & tyres must be covered by bodywork.
Gears: free area but must retain the ratio of 12/32.
Motors: maximum 21,500 rpm @12v, motors with 'magnetic downforce' NOT allowed.
Mosler & Ford GT are excluded from this class

If any member wanting to enter the Ninco open class and is unable to prepare their car I am willing carry this out for just the cost of any parts used. (one car per member only)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.