SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Looks like a lot of compromising is needed how about at the moment just drop jpgt and do nascars while we can get them cheap and then try and sort something out, pendle is selling £10 autoart rally cars might be an option depending what classes we agree on

· Registered
248 Posts
Dave, if I'm honest we have a lot of ideas and we cant all agree all I can realistically see at the moment is the nascars which is at no cost to us which is great. Personally I don't really see the issue with slot it but if that's what's agreed that's fine. As for F1 I would like to race it as it's completely different the only reason I have the car is I really like it if I don't race it doesn't bother me. I'm just a small part of the club can't really say im a long standing member either been there 5 years took about a 10 year break before that. Anyway I do believe the nascars have magnets and you don't have to prep them so it's a double win, your supra you can do what ever too as long as the magnet is gone for open gt so not losing a car. Under the current rules you can use the nsr Porsche in open gt so saving of a car, slot it depends on your car, ford gt you could race though slow in open gt so all championships can be done with a few cars. Most members have a spare I'm sure you can be come a cousin or something for the night to comply with the rules, should adjust that rule it's a little silly.

· Registered
248 Posts
More talks obviously needed, don't really have a problem with your suggestion Nick assuming the cars work, just a lot of gt still but if they race well suppose that can be brushed over. Mick hopes to be there Friday

· Registered
248 Posts
All before my time, I do agree with dave even talked about bringing old cars back some don't like that, my solution to the problem is if I don't want to race the class I just won't I race ever class apart from jpgt and not bothered at not racing it. Still have all the others to race, what I do like is though we can't agree on something at the moment there is a lot of passion to racing which is great

· Registered
248 Posts
That is the thing totally agree, I'm just one member of many if it went to a democratic vote and was something I didn't like really wouldn't bother me as I can choose not to race it have all the others to enjoy racing anyway. I'm
Not trying to upset anyone by saying this just saying my own honest opinion don't race jpgt now doesn't bother me

· Registered
248 Posts
My last suggestion now, either scrap the jpgt class and what ever class runs with it that night or the other class, or a class of out choosing run a double header. To be honest not really something I'm keen on but not cost to anyone, though we will probably be bored of it quickly

· Registered
248 Posts
Lap speed isn't everything yes it will be slower but have a chance possibly to make the racing more even, have checked out the prices on parts not all that bad especially nsr cheaper than ninco, slot it stuff is reasonable, not sure how much pro race wheels are haven't checked. I know you say your chucking effectively the cost of a car at a car, but after driving syd's it was amazing, I know some members will say there is no spares for those cars - yes ninco doesn't make them anymore, make mainly rally and the R8 and the odd other. But a lot of us have spare jpgt cars. I'm open to the car syd has made it's a pleasure to drive, be interesting to see what others think, we may have to steer clear of magnets it's not helping the braid at all

· Registered
248 Posts
Was looking at it thought it was a good deal, I assume there wheels are better as ninco's tend to buckle. But see your point just the axel kit and motor needed then the rest is really up to set up can transform the car for less than £25. Could well be a great class again if agreed by all

· Registered
248 Posts
Syd do have a question about the axels the standard ninco axel is 2.5mm I believe the race axels are 3/32 like slot it, so I take it those gears by nsr are for 2.5mm as they would be no different to slot it. Have I got my thinking wrong here?

· Registered
248 Posts
I see what your saying on gears but ninco spares are generally more expensive than nsr and you get better quality, and yes your right nick the club porsches are at 15v and they did ok, do like the smoothness of nsr though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.