SlotForum banner

new class proposals

5K views 100 replies 8 participants last post by  Invicta 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
scalextric F1:
The guide being the only free area, otherwise box standard. Cars using FF 18,000 rpm motors only.

Club NASCAR. The club will purchase an appropriate number of SCX NASCAR cars & I will prepare these for racing ( can I purchase or be supplied a car to evaluate what needs doing ) A decision needs to be made as to when you want to run this class.

Slot it group C: standard orange endbell motors, inline or sidewinder chassis & motor mounts must be original configuration, standard body & interior. Wheels, tyres, gears must be slot it. Guide free area.

Modified Slot it cars may now run in Open GT.

Japs to be dropped.

Race night format:

NSR Porsches / Club Porsches.

Slot it Group C / Open GT

Scalextric F1 / Ninco Ford GT

See less See more
#80 ·
Syds car is very driveable and was good to run it in race conditions. Although I got 135 laps I'm sure there's more in it so expect totals nearer 140 which isn't far short of a mag car.
I tried my Lexus with a triple x motor but this is too fast in a straight line and overall lap times were slower so I'd go along with the suggestion of a 21,500 rpm limit. Unfortunately didn't get to try an NC5 non mag version but I don't think it would be far short (The Ford GT's are regularly in the low 130s and I'm sure a JGTC type car would go better).
If we were to do it I'd also be in favour of opening it up to any Ninco anglewinder (Maybe exclude Ford GT & Mosler).

#83 ·
I thought we had nailed the optimum classes:
Porsche night
GT40s/Open GT
Nascars/Slot.it

But talking with Ken last night there could be another option:
Porsche night
GT40s/Open GT (incl slot.it)
Nascars/JGTC (non-mag)

Thoughts?

#89 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would go for:
Open ninco (tin tops) non magnet & Open GT Non Magnet ( to inc. Slot it )
Porsche night. Club porsches & NSR porsches
Club Nascars & Ninco Ford GT

Or drop Ford GT & keep Slot it.

Proposed Open Ninco rules.
A/ Existing rules apply for running with magnet. ( allow limited time for members to run existing cars before adjusting cars to open rules )

B/ No magnet. (prefered)
Anglewinder chassis cars only.
Wheels & Tyres: free area. Wheels & tyres must be covered by bodywork.
Gears: free area but must retain the ratio of 12/32.
Motors: maximum 21,500 rpm @12v, motors with 'magnetic downforce' NOT allowed.
Mosler & Ford GT are excluded from this class

If any member wanting to enter the Ninco open class and is unable to prepare their car I am willing carry this out for just the cost of any parts used. (one car per member only)

#93 ·
By adding the nascars to the 3 week rota one class has to go, as some members have Scalextric Nascars why not consider the following 4 week rota:

Open night; Open Ninco & Open GT
Porsche night: Club Porsche & NSR Porsche
Ninco Ford GT & Slot it
Nascar night: Club Nascar & Open Nascar ( Scalextric & SCX )

I know some members would have to buy a nascar, but it might be better than dropping a class which some members seem reluctant to do. Just another idea for the members.

#94 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm thinking it was better when it was 2 weeks rolling rather than 3 weeks, I would say 4 weeks (and more and more cars) is the wrong move.

#95 ·
I think at the moment the 3 week rota is more than enough, running one of the options in Rikos earlier post(#83).
I've never seen a scalextric car perform well on our track unless loaded with magnets so I'd not be interested in them.

#98 ·
What we can't afford is a lack of interest which with more and more classes I think could happen as people might elect to sit out certain weeks. In a perfect world we'd have 20 members and missing a few wouldn't be a problem but we don't and over the last few months it's been tight on more than one occasion, To have even one person drop out could be the difference between racing or calling it off.
So at the moment I can't see any benefit from changing the 6 class/3 week rota we currently have.
What we could look at is the style of racing, Riko will correct me if I'm wrong but the software does allow us to run races with the option of fuel usage. Maybe we could use this for one/both the club classes?

#100 · (Edited by Moderator)
If it's voted in (Open GT/Slot-IT mix) I guess we could alternate Open GT & Slot-It within the same class.
ie one week Ford GT/Open GT the next time Ford GT/Slot-IT with the points (openGT & Slot-It) counting towards one championship

#101 ·
Just to remind everyone that this is what we voted in,

Porsche night
Ford GT/Open GT (incl slot.it)
Nascars/Open Ninco (non-mag)

So the calendar through till xmas will be,

Oct 28 Ford GT/Open GT
Nov 4 Nascars/Open Ninco
Nov 11 Porsches
Nov 18 Ford GT/Open GT
Nov 25 Nascars/Open Ninco
Dec 2 Porsches
Dec 9 Xmas special fun night (l will check with Ken if this is the last week, if not will be Ford GT/Open GT with xmas special next week 16th)

Obviously if for any reason an evening is called off (lack of numbers/SNOW!) then the schedule rolls over to the following week.

As normal we'll break over xmas/new year and start back on 6th Jan 2012

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.