SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyneside Slot Car Club is currently undergoing significant redevelopment. The club has now relocated to a new home in North Tyneside, just North of Whitley Bay. We are currently in the progress preparing the 'clubhouse' and building a brand new 4 lane mdf routed circuit. This development represents an exciting new chapter for the club and we will be looking to recruit new members once fully up and running. If anyone would like further information, please do not hesitate in contacting me via PM on the forum.

27260798838_2d3dc3a980_c.jpg

41301479072_bc32e099e7_c.jpg

40582826615_a89af3a2c2_c.jpg

40582829745_ca09b6888e_c.jpg

·
Bob Chapman
6,950 Posts
Nice looking job and love the flow.
Kudos to the Tyneside Lads
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks like it will be a great track! Where will the driver's stations be located?
Drivers will be stationed roughly at the four 'corners' of the circuit. Each station will give the driver uninterrupted vision of the entire circuit and they will also enjoy different perspectives of the track when changing lanes for individual heats. Where practicable, the circuit will be landscaped.

Looking good
thumbsup.gif

What are you using for contacts? Braid or Copper? What timing and power system will you be using?
We will be using copper for contact. The timing software and power is currently in the process of being constructed.

Nice track. What are the dimensions?
The track is located in a room 8m x 6m and the lap length is approx 25m.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Fluff. We will also be landscaping parts of the circuit, which will include 1960's/70's period pit buildings.

40731187215_e8bee99b28_c.jpg

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
What a great club track and it is coming together so quickly, you must have very talented club members to do this work. Your buildings will add that final touch and I see a very nice looking rally stage under the window.

David

·
Bob Chapman
6,950 Posts
Looking really good, quite the progress is being made
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Many thanks for sharing the build of your beautiful club track.

When partly landscaped, for sure it will be a lot of fun to drive on.

I cannot wait to see the result.

rallyhub
thumbsup.gif

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Following a significant amount of hard work and graft by Alistair, Callum, ****, Brian, Marc & Roger, the track is now almost complete and running.

26914002147_fe11a7fb65_c.jpg

The track flows beautifully and with driver stations at each corner, competitors enjoy a different experience and perspective on each lane.

·
Gordon Steadman
6,909 Posts
I wondered which way round it would run. Do you foresee any marshaling problems under the bridge section? I think it straightens a bit but a few spinners under there might be fun in the heat of battle.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wondered which way round it would run. Do you foresee any marshaling problems under the bridge section? I think it straightens a bit but a few spinners under there might be fun in the heat of battle.
Many thanks for your interest Gordon.

When designing the layout, We ensured there would be ample room for marshals and that none of the marshal posts would not obstruct drivers vision. Travel is in a clock wise direction. The club single lane rally track will be adapted to run in both directions.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts