SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Netley club near Southampton lost their clubroom shortly before Christmas. Fingers crosssed, we're hoping a new venue will be confirmed at the end of next week. If that's the case, there will be refurbishment of the premises to do, and then a new track to build. We hope to be up and running in time to host the planned rounds of the Southern 32, and also our annual 'Classic' retro round (both ion the Summer).
More details to follow ....

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Welcome to Slotforum clubs section Mark! Lots of work ahead and I hope and expect you will emerge stronger from the experience.
Take plenty of pictures!
Some pics of the old place would also be nice to see on here.
Good luck, Rob

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Mark.
I Echo Rob's sentiments, best of luck with all the hard work ahead. With the combined experience of your club members, the new Clubhouse and track should be superb. Just one selfish note, please don't make the new track to 'BSCRA' extreme!
Looking forward to the 'classic' in july...fingers crossed!
regards Bill.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hi Mark. Good luck with the new club room and track. Try if you can to get all the members helping and not the usual ones who always turn uo to help. Using a paintbrush and roller isn't hard work and even your Juniors could help on a weekend.

I am going through the same at the moment with a new club room and track build. We tried to learn from our mistakes from the last track, so hopefully we have got it more or less right.

Mike ( Presto Park, Norfolk)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Great news
All the best with the track

QUOTE (Hobby @ 17 Mar 2012, 08:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just one selfish note, please don't make the new track to 'BSCRA' extreme!
Looking forward to the 'classic' in july...fingers crossed!
regards Bill.
So you are asking for a track like the majority of BSCRA club tracks that are equally suitable for retro cars and the full range of BSCRA 1/32 classes? And not the 6 or 8 lane raceway type track suitable for the 1/24 open classes?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Dick,
Thanks for asking, but you hardly need my approval!
It looks fine, a big fast track, 4 lane?. The down hill sections are from C3-C4 then C6-C7? I am not keen on the twiddly esses C8-C11, but that's just my personel preference. At least they come after the main C7 curve, so your accellerating through them. You don't have the awfull, under braking, Aldersley wiggle we have at Wolves! On the diagram, I would give it 8 out of 10...provided it is a 4 lane!
Hope the build goes well.
Regards Bill.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Now Then,

For some reason I agree whole-heartedly with Bill, what in the name of whom-so-ever are these supposed to represent.

Really no place on a "realistic" contemporary or repro circuit !!.

Absolute stupidity, ( IMHO ) !!.

vbr Chris A.

PS: Dick might have some of his "13uo Daytonas" which LOVED the squiggles !!.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Looks like a good track design to me. Looks good to drive with retro cars and with quicker ones.
MUCH better than many of the layouts that appear on the forum IMHO.

(But as far as I can recall, the much inferior layouts don't attract abusive comments.)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up 300SLR,

I have known both Dick and Bill for some years, they will take that comment as it was meant, tongue in cheek.

We had a similar "squiggle" on the old Leeds track, now Pontefract, and those brass chassis 13UO Daytonas could go through very fast (under braking),
quite frightening with four together !!.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
QUOTE I see nuances of the old track in there but opposite hand?
Well spotted Eddy

Certainly 4 lane Bill. The squiggle is again a nod to the old track but actually less severe. We are going to be able to adjust the levels when the track is finshed using the triangular leg method but at present the idea is that the track starts rising through C2/C3, mid point at C4/C5, highest point at C6 and then down though C7, C8-11 and back to main level at C12/13

Chris. Revenge is a dish best served cold. I was accused while racing last night of having City and Guilds in Nerfing, which is quite an insult as I have a PhD in that particulary art form

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The purchase of the New Clubroom is complete and decoration work starts on Monday morning, after moving various Bits and pieces from the Old Shed on Sunday.

Watch this space for photos.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Excellent, track looks great! Will you make it reversible? s7 round the hairpin and down through the wiggles into the big sweeper C7 would be ace.

C15/C16 echoes of cascodes at the old NLSME.

Good luck with the biuld!

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Great news. I'll look forward to racing on your new track. Unfortunately I'll be in Scotland for this years Classic meeting. Hopefully next year.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
QUOTE C15/C16 echoes of cascodes at the old NLSME

It certainly is Rob, quite deliberately and this time is is the correct right-left instead of the left-right on the old Netley track

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First work parties start on the new club room this morning, with a full schedule of activities planned for our regular evening slot (7.30 onwards) tonight.
Hope to see everyone there
Mark

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A great first day at our new club room. Ceiling is sorted out, insulated, new ceiling tiles cut and fitted. Floor / wall concreting done at front wall. All doors and door frames in main hall rubbed down, architrave fitted to 2 door frames, and window sills rubbed down and window frames cleaned of old paint. Stud wall in kitchen removed. Outside 'patio' area cleaned and garden refuse removed.
An especial thanks to Ant and Mac for donating some key materials as well as their time.
Jobs today include final filling and sanding of walls, and washing down. Removal of 2 radiators (if possible), and more work in the kitchen area.
Cheers
Mark

1 - 20 of 63 Posts