SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am a big fan of the chevrolet corvettes from the 60's and 70's (not the newer ones). I love the Scalextric Corvette L88 Southern States car and the Revell-Monogram Corvette Grand Sport No.2 Sebring '63. But I've discovered that these cars don't come in many paint jobs. Scalextric have about 5 designs and Revell-Monogram have about 5 as well. Scalextric are bringing out another version later this year but I still think it would be great if they could have even more liveries and different paint jobs of these cars. So if anyone has new ideas about paint jobs for these corvettes, write back to me soon suggesting your ideas. I can't wait to here them.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi BEEJAY7
Thanks for the picture. I think it's really nice. Hopefully one day Scalextric make a version similar to it. If you have any other pics send them to me. i'm sure they'll be as good as this one.

·
Gary Skipp
6,537 Posts
Hi Fwick

If you wanted do make some liveries yourself you could purchase a Hornby Kit. They are a bout £7 and the bodyshell is an exact replica of the scalextric moulding, with body mounting posts in the same place.

The shell is white so you oculd easily make your own livery, then attach the body to an existing chassis.

Happy Corvett-ing!

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice LMP04. I live in Australia so the set would cost me about 17 dollars but I guess that's not so bad. If I can find myself a kit I will try and get it. The question is which paint job do I do first?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts