SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revell have just released a 3 cars set of their DTM models in the "Easykits" series. Included are an Audi TT "Originale Teile", a Mercedes CLK "24H Service" and an Opel Astra "TV Today".

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Bought boxed set (Opel, Mercedes and TT) reduced from £28 (??) to £14 at local model shop. Quality of finish very nice, so will they convert easily into slot cars?
Revell easy kit also available for 307, Scooby and Xsara WRC for bargain £4-99.
What is best way to get these bodies motorised? Should I look at ready built chassis, and would the Pendle or Slot It one do the job? willing to have a go at building own Chassis but never done this before, so any thoughts as to which components to purchase would be appreciated

·
Registered
911 Posts
revell easykits onto Slot.It HRS chassis seem to be the way to go. one chassis for £25 and 3 shells means 3 cars for the price of 1!!!

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
The Slot.it Porsche 956 chassis is an almost straight fit on both the astra and the merc, and readily available at low cost...
Drop in any motor mount you like and away you go

I built mine with a V12/25k sidewinder, runs like a dream

Jan

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (Skeeter @ 6 Apr 2005, 01:51)revell easykits onto Slot.It HRS chassis seem to be the way to go.

As long as you don't mind the wheels sticking out a lot... the HRS is at the front at least 63 mm wide (including slot.it wheels and tyres) and those kits are 58-59 mm wide... Of course you can use the kit wheels, then the chassis front width will be reduced to around 59 mm (kit rear wheels at front HRS)

Just my $ 0,02 worth

Jan

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Working on a Subaru right now (bought it yesterday to try it out just for this purpose). Stay tuned for pictures.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Subaru Impreza - Revell & HRS-RTR

The original body holders are to broad, have to be made longer towards the chassie and then cut to length.
Note that I've kept the triangles thus made.

Cut the hole for the engine at the back.
It's the one you can see the rollcage in...
The two rear axle holders are trimmed slightly to make room for the engine.
Apart from that they are all four kept, as they will help you fixate the body when gluing the body holding cups.

Fairly neat, if I may say so.
I've used Ninco's front hubs all around. Partly because they are more narrow on the inside, partly because I'm fairly happy using them (even if I must glue them in place).
Then I found that I had to trim the airdam somewhat...
It sits very low.

Cheers
Erik

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
bought a Revell Easy Kit Vodafone Mercedes Benz, just to show a how-to if you use the kit chassis...

chassis

used a Fly motor bracket, slot.it V12/23k, gears, rear axle, bearings and wheels and cut up an old Ninco toyota corolla chassis I had lying around for the guide. Guide itself is a spring loaded Ninco guide without the spring

side view of finished car

The finished car received a layer of clear paint to protect the decals and add a bit of lustre to the car

Jan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts