SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Hi all.
After extensive investigation and work, we're releasing the following versions of oXigen PC software and firmware:

PC software: bootloader 0.9

http://www.slot.it/Download/oXigen/Softwar...tloader_009.zip

firmware:
dongle: 2.02
controller: 2.03
car: 2.03

http://www.slot.it/Download/oXigen/Firmwar...ware-latest.zip

The upgrade does not bring any extra features but is mainly aimed to solving the remaining issues with the bootloader (reflashing) software, especially with Windows 7
The new bootloader, together with the revised firmware, as far as we can tell gets rid of most error that have been reported during the reflashing phase.
Versions are compatible, as far as driving / racing goes, with the 2.x family.

Caveats:
1 - We have removed the 92.2 version of dongle sw from the sw archives. Such version, which was a stop gap measure, should NOT be used anymore. Load version 2.02 into your dongle straight away and use it for normal use and reflashing as well.
2 - Part of the improvement is in the dongle firmware, part in the PC bootloader software, but part is in the controller and car firmware. This means that reflashing issues will be gone only after the controller and car firmware are upgraded to 2.03. The upgrade to 2.03 from 2.02 is based still, at least partly, on the bootloading firmware from 2.02 - I mean: unless 2.03 is flashed in your device, your are still using part of 2.02.

Regards
Maurizio

·
Registered
11 Posts
First bug.

I think you'll need to create a folder named Documents in the Public folder of your Windows 7 PC, otherwise the install will abort.
Well, that's what happened on my PC.

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colin, aaargh

Sorry, we'll recompile and update to bootloader tomorrow. We made the same mistake with the Crono RMS!

Sorry about that, thanks a lot for the feedback.

Maurizio

·
Registered
364 Posts
Help still having problems with the car not being recognised
I have one piece of ninco track with analogue power supply the ninco analogue car works no problems
I then use BootLoader software to locate car but get error message tried with two different chipped cars (Chip 1)
Boot request failed!
Please remove dongle from USB port,
Then plug it in again

·
Registered
624 Posts
QUOTE (Chip of FDSC @ 21 Jul 2012, 18:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have upgraded dongle and Chrono, but it says phidget disconnected and it's yellow...... what have i missed??
i have dongle firmware 2.02
chrono version 0.0.36

but phidget is yellow and not green.

No problem getting the controllers upgraded to 2.03 but getting the cars upgraded to 2.03 is a nightmare... not giving up yet

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Chip.

The latest chrono RMS software is compatible with external Phidget unit to turn on starting lights (like PC Lap counter, but much less sophisticated than PCLC)
So if you don't have a connected Phidget, it is normal to read a 'phidget disconnected' message

As for upgrading cars to 2.03 - please keep trying and if it eventually fails, please contact us

Thanks
Maurizio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, it would work eventually.
I had spent 4 hours refashing 5 car chips to V2.03.

But unfortunately 1 of them still failed to be updated.

Good exercise for your arms anyway.

·
Registered
624 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 23 Jul 2012, 15:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Chip.

The latest chrono RMS software is compatible with external Phidget unit to turn on starting lights (like PC Lap counter, but much less sophisticated than PCLC)
So if you don't have a connected Phidget, it is normal to read a 'phidget disconnected' message

As for upgrading cars to 2.03 - please keep trying and if it eventually fails, please contact us

Thanks
Maurizio

ah silly me, i was getting Phidget confused with Dongle... I thought Fidget was another word for Dongle.... okay, Dongle is perfectly happy and GREEN with PC Lapcounter software.... ok, thank you Maurizio

QUOTE (Colinwng @ 24 Jul 2012, 09:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah, it would work eventually.
I had spent 4 hours refashing 5 car chips to V2.03.

But unfortunately 1 of them still failed to be updated.

Good exercise for your arms anyway.

4 Hours?!?! just 4 cars??!?!? oh man... ok ok, i won't give up. I have 3 times to do. This means it could take me 12 hours but I shall do it. Never give up. I shall keep trying Colin

Maurizio, i have this question, if my 2.03 controller is upgraded and my cars work with the controller, do I still need to upgrade the cars to 2.03???

I will try to set up a track soon to test - -- - in the meantime, I shall try to upgrade the cars to 2.03

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The main reason for this latest upgrade is to get rid of these sort of troubles, especially under windows 7. However, it all works well after you do the complete upgrade 'cause part of the improvement lie in the dongle, part in the PC bootloader sw, part in the car and controller firmware. There are certain 'windows' of communication between the devices that were too small and in certain circumstances would prevent reprogramming, and this depends a lot on the PC, Win7 making things much worst. We are using all the latest versions with Windows 7 in production and it works well. I'd say the problem is solved, but not until you get everything reprogrammed.

I suggest to upgrade the bootloader sw to 0.0.10 first, then the dongle, then controllers and cars (controllers and cars are independent so you can do whichever you want first)

@Colin:
Sorry for the trouble Colin, that really seems to be an excessive time!
Have you upgraded the Bootloader sw, and the dongle sw to the latest versions before doing the cars?
I guess you are using Windows 7...

Chip,
Strictly you don't need to upgrade and you can run different sw releases as soon as they al belong to the 2.xxx family. The first paragraph explains what we are doing with this new firmware. So you can have controller 2.03 and car 2.02.

Keep me updated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry may have exaggerated a bit.
Came back from work, sat down and tried reflashing, got hungry, went for dinner, sat back down and try some more.

I had updated the dongle and controllers without issue using bootloader V10.
The car chips were the real nightmare.

It didn't work on my Win7 PC but finally work on my old and trusty Winxp Home AMD PC after a clean re-installation.

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chip, does the error come from Windows o our own software?
I'd switch PC off and restart operations on the chips you still need to upgrade.

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi.
Just to understand:
the 2.03 (not 3.02 I guess) controllers can communicate (programming) with the 2.03 chips that were programmed before you got the error, but not with the cars that you programmed to 2.03 after you got the error?
The programming went well all the way through? Can you contact the newly updated chips with the bootloader sw?
If yes, which means reflashing has gone well, please use the bootloader sw to set the ID of your chips, as they may be set to no ID, then do a channel ID programming with the controller (arrow + brake)

Let me know

1 - 20 of 59 Posts