1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Shebang!!!

This is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.L.!!!

I'm glad I pre-ordered it!!!

Come to daddy... come to daddy!!!

It will be perfect in my ETCC-based pit-lane...

Whooooooooooosh....

Greetz

Gunther

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Ooh, shiney pretty car.

You see, I wasn't in the least bit interested when I heard of this release...

Ooh, shiney pretty car....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nah Inte
, fly cars with the motors in the front arn't usually good performers on wood routed tracks. At my local club (pendle scc) no one goes near them. Shame, I'd love to race one, but I'd loose...

(all this is, of course, if the motor is sat at the front)

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Fly Alfa 156 is front engine (just like the real car and as per photos evotec have)and with the full cockpit I bet it does not have alot of room for any additional weight.

We run of a routed track with copper braid and the kings of the fly front engine class is the Panoz but even with a complete upgrade its times don't compare favourably with most rear engined classes (except Ninco Nc1 classics and go karts)

Matt

·
Registered
325 Posts
I once did race a Fly Lister Storm (front engined) in a championship at Pendle. I did get it on the pace, although, it took quite a bit of work. (filing all over the place! even on the motor to get a front axle in.) I had to add weight, which is something I never do. At the end of it all, i concluded - fast but fragile. Lovely model though!

I might give a ETCC BMW a try. Awaiting a Andy Priaulx livery... "Go Andy, Go!!!"

JJR

·
Registered
549 Posts
TO ALL UK FLY CAR ENTHUSIASTS WAITING FOR THE ARRIVAL OF THE ALFA 156

I have had a message from Fly who would like to send their apologies - they normally despatch cars bound for the UK quite quickly along with the rest of Europe, but there has been a small delay. They were sent yesterday so should be in the UK on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, and with your dealers by the weekend.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 35 Posts