SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Look good although I still think the Carrera 307 wins in the looks department. Definitely both better than the Ninco. I suppose these will be popular since most people on the forum like the SCX rally cars from a drivers point of view.

Personally I have never had as much fun driving a slot car as driving my Carrera 307 around my Scalextric Sport track without a magnet!

Good timing to release the Ford having won the last two rallies. However, I am surprised that anyone has invested in tooling for a new Focus when the future of the Ford team is in doubt. Plus the new Focus is out in less than a year so I would imagine the rally car will change by 2006 even if Ford do hang around!

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
SCX = rally in my book and these are must haves. I'm restricting myself to only one livery of each new SCX WRC model, so these will be finding a nice home on my track

I'm interested in your Carerra 307 findings which sounds very promising - I haven't seen a review of Carrera attempt at WRC so if you fancy doing one jnr_seahorse that would be good

Matt

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I`m with Matt, SCX for Rally for me. These look great and you know where you are with these babies.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Hope that Focus arrives soon - got a rally planned and wnat as many diffferent cars as possible!

I think even if Ford do pull out there will be a great many privateers using Focuses for a few years so probably a wise move by SCX to do teh new car. Also, there might be a Spanish hot shot using one in the home series which is why Ninco did the Saxo

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have waited all year for this focus and i am hugely impressed. thanks for the photos of both cars estud2. excellent photos by the way.

Anyone have any news on the relese date of the BP livery Focus of Duval ?

And i agree re the news about ford for 4 more years, with all WRC teams limited to two cars per team this year I was concerned if someone else dropped out there might not be many cars from top teams lining up which would have been a shame.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great news about the Ford rally team I had missed that !

As far as a review of the Carrera 307 I seem to remember Swiss/Thomas? saying they would do a comparison between the Carrera and Ninco versions for the Forum in a previous thread. (Nudge nudge wink wink!) Maybe they could wait and add the SCX and make it a three way battle!

JS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts