SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Beardog Racing announces 'phase 2' lightweight McLaren M-16.

Fully lightened spring steel laser-cut chassis, at the rear where it counts, and all white metal parts as an option will be available in resin, complete with a carbon fibre front axle. More Photo's next week.

AND

Universal 60's F-1 chassis to be released next month, parts to be available a la carte, spring steel chassis, custom small dia gears, hollow rear axle, magnets, carbon front axle, BWA wheels, full length driver, seat and dash and the famous BWA/Beardog micro-motor. balanced and rewound to special order. Prices TBA, and photo's next week.
Yes most 60's F-1 bodies will fit, Monoram Lotus 33 etc, MRRC Eagle & BRM, Supershells bodies and most of the Classic fibre-glass bodies from ABSlotsport.

Chris
Beardog Racing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Al from BWA had one at the hobby show and they look alot better in person, and they run really smooth!! I plan on buying a couple to add to the stable!!

Lee

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NEW BEARDOG F-1 CHASSIS

Finally a picture of my new F-1 chassis, all the usual Beardog goodies, plus a full length driver, (chassis available now, driver by Christmas)

Now you can make a F-1 car look right, with the correct ride-hight, and room for the driver and engine detail, engine kits, and bodies are in the works.

Chris
Beardog Racing

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
That chassis looks an absolute work of art.

From the pic, it is a little unclear as to how the motor is fixed though.
Is it glued, or screwed?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is screwed with two allen bolts, just like they did in the olden days....no press fits, no glue-ins. Just good old metric and Anglo nuts and bolts.

Chris

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Yes, Chris, I would really like to see fullest possible details on the F1s.
This chassis and general setup is the most exciting thing on the scene at the moment for me!

·
Registered
773 Posts
...it just needs one word - EXCELLENT!!!

As a GPL-fan I'm dreaming now of mid-60ties F1-cars again!

I'm actually missing those gems of my childhood...

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Beardog... whoever you are, wherever you are, you have just made my day. And several more days to come, I would imagine. This F1 chassis is just FABULOUS.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Beautiful work, Chris!

Being fortunate enough to own one of Chris' faboulous McLaren M-16s, I can vouch that his workmanship is really top-notch and well worth the asking price. Chris possibly makes the most technologically advanced commercially available 1/32nd scale slot cars available anywhere in the world.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Paul,

I had hoped to build and enter mine in the forthcoming Marconi Foundation Charity Proxy Race, slightly modified to take a Betta styrene McLaren M-16 body, but have just moved to a new house and I am still in the process of unpacking, with the deadline for entries now having passed... Oh well, there is always next year.

Here are some more pictures of the Beardog McLaren, courtesy of Chris Wright:

The design and construction is absolutely superb. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that the body is a bit thick and therefore on the heavy side, hence my wanting to use a styrene body.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
9 Posts
thansk Russ, Ive see nthose pics too it looks great, I have car # q6 from him and am slowly building it to. I am not going traditional yellow, figure there would be enough of those, I went with a metalic Ford Blue and black inserts for wheels, and will probably use silver metalic decals for numbers, .

Also in Tlaking ot Chris on weight i discovered that the metal driver from an old maxi model fits in seat just right and gives a little more weight to it like he suggested, just need to customize his legs some to go around post.

Paul

1 - 20 of 27 Posts