SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much delay, the Hobby Clasic CL07 Pegaso Rabassada will soon be here. Available in very limited quantity for only £89.95 rrp, order your from your dealer soon!

Aaron

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
As an afficionado of SAAB cars, I noticed the CL06 Safari livery SAAB96 on your webpage... Alas, I seem not to be able to order it online
so please could I place the order here?

TIA, Jan (in the Netherlands, but unaware of any Hobby Clasic dealers over here....)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops! I recently rebuilt our website, and I am still building but I forgot to put Hobby Clasic on!!

Try tomorrow and it will be there, and please accept my apologies.

Aaron

·
Registered
195 Posts
QUOTE (Gaugemaster Controls @ 1 Apr 2004, 16:30)After much delay, the Hobby Clasic CL07 Pegaso Rabassada will soon be here. Available in very limited quantity for only £89.95 rrp, order your from your dealer soon!

Aaron
As a proud owner of such beatiful slot car, I would recomend it to all loving those great touring cars of the 50s.

This one has a certificte of reproduction of the 1:1 car from the Historical Sagrera Society.

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (Gaugemaster Controls @ 1 Apr 2004, 20:31)Okay, now you can order, I added them from home (my dedication frightens me sometimes!)

Aaron
now that is a quick response... order will be placed tomorrow (been racing tonight)...

Thanks again,

Jan

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE This one has a certificte of reproduction of the 1:1 car from the Historical Sagrera Society

But we all know that there will be someone who will decide that the front headlamp is 2.5 degrees out on the main beam angle......

Aaron

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are right Mark, they are hand built and tested - also, because the companies involved are not using big production methods and making thousands, the cost of production is higher.

Great models though...

Aaron

·
Registered
195 Posts
QUOTE (Difflock @ 2 Apr 2004, 01:30)Only if he's an MOT tester

Sensible question time now - why are these cars so expensive? Is it because they are hand built and finished?

Mark.
The Hobby Classic cars, as Slot Classic, MMK, Racer, are resin cars, produced as 300-400 per mold and they doesn't go beyond that figure. the painting is done at hand too, and it's ot cheap to pay even in own's time.

So doing all the work of constructing the model and building by hand only 300-400 cars out of it it's not scale economics, so the prices are not cheap.

But the product it's not the same as the plastic cars, it's not for race but it's like to drive a real classic car on the road.

And yes it's not 100% true but it's really nice and you can see it on my avatar as I have decided to put it there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Currency converter says 90 (what key strokes give you pounds?) = $165.00.

That is one expensive slot car. Racer and others are that much and more. I am not saying the work/limited number/quality and all doesn't account for the high price.

I am saying that creates a different class of racer/collector/hobbiest than the regular RTR home/club racer/builder.

All hobbies have different tiers of affordability, and thier respective magazines pander to the hobbiest with the expensive eye candy that only a small percentage of the hobbiest can afford, but certainly enjoy reading about.

That's it, no real point to this post, just an observation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.