SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We’re printing more this week. Is it allowed to post a link to it in this forum? If not, I do post the links to the HWP Slot Cars page over on fake book

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How do 3d printed bodies stack up against oem plastic & resin regarding crash-ability and weight?

The plug material seems like it would be great for bodies.
That particular resin blend is fine for plugs. But I use a different mix for printing bodies so they hold up to the punishment like this crash test video shows: Crash testing an HWP concept car body

·
Registered
187 Posts
We’re printing more this week. Is it allowed to post a link to it in this forum? If not, I do post the links to the HWP Slot Cars page over on fake book
New here so probably the wrong guy to ask about the rules. Assume you could at least send me PM. I do not now nor have I ever had Fecebook account. But I’ll see if I can at least check your page.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You should be able to see the home page of it and click on the top post which I’ll update as soon as ready. Log into Facebook

And I’ll post a note here as well. They’ve been selling out as fast as I can print them.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That’s how you know you hit upon a great idea! Thank you. Looking forward to seeing some in person.
They're back in stock again. And we're making more. 6pc sets with controller and power plugs: 6pc HO Slot Car Controller & Power Plugs for AFX/AW power tracks - Free Shipping | eBay
and 4pc controller plug sets:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Been meaning to pose how much I like these. Genius. Easy to use. Soldered some 16 ga wire to 3.5 mm connectors for the PS. So much nicer than alligator clips. Thanks, HWP.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like them! Spread the word... we'll have them back in stock shortly - we had put production on hold while my sons figured out the new Gig law stuff that is impacting online sellers.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Arguablly one of your greatest inventions!
No argument from me… stupidly simple to use. And we keep running out almost as fast as we can make them, so there must be a need for ‘em. Some guys are using the power adapter plugs to run wire taps around their tracks. I don’t know if those additional power tracks need to be modified in any way. But I guess I never really stopped to think about it. I’m just glad to be able to use the old (better) controllers with the new track. Funny how my 40+ year old yellow Ruskit style controllers still work fine, when I’ve been through at least 8 new AFX controllers in just a few years use. I think I have one left that hasn’t broken or burned out yet.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I think the factory connector is probably fine n dandy, but the toy grade wire employed fatigues easily with usage, and the passage of time.

It fixes three potential failure points, in an area that becomes more failure prone with every passing day.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Where can I find these adapter plugs?
We sell them direct through PayPal friends and family. Or through eBay. My sons have to print more again... they keep selling out. Will probably have more available in the next week or two. If you're facebook, we post info on our product page there, as many slot forums don't allow direct selling links or posts. HWP Slot Cars

With the swell new Tax-o-Crat Gig (gag?) laws gone into effect january 1, my teenage son is in the process of setting up his eBay and PayPal account to handle orders to make accounting simpler for he and his brothers (and separate from me). So it may be a few weeks yet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We sell them direct through PayPal friends and family. Or through eBay. My sons have to print more again... they keep selling out. Will probably have more available in the next week or two. If you're facebook, we post info on our product page there, as many slot forums don't allow direct selling links or posts. HWP Slot Cars

With the swell new Tax-o-Crat Gig (gag?) laws gone into effect january 1, my teenage son is in the process of setting up his eBay and PayPal account to handle orders to make accounting simpler for he and his brothers (and separate from me). So it may be a few weeks yet.
I don't have FB but I'll be watching your eBay listings and this forum.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I don't have FB but I'll be watching your eBay listings and this forum.
Thanks! My sons will be listing under a new eBay seller account to keep their tax stuff separate from mine. I’ll post info soon.

·
Registered
Just started
12 Posts
Looks like a terrific product to upgrade our controllers; I'll check out on fleabay and fakebook. Next, coiled wiring from the track to the controller. Anyone know what gauge wire I should look for? Or has anyone already done this?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts