SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
promotion_banner.png

Most of you know me as one of the DiSCA guys, you know, large international digital events, a down and out scratch builder, racing with fully bespoke cars, every little detail modified to the hilt. So it may come as a surprise that I am now sharing with you...info on an "new" initiative of mine... an analoge, local, endurance series...with hand out cars.
ohmy.png

Well there's a very simple reason for this initiative...and that's Covid 19,...how it has had its effects on our hobby and the mini cosmos I have practiced my hobby in for the past decade.

Back to Basics

So there I was late March, "the event of the year" (at least for me) cancelled, clubs going into lockdown one by one. Left all projects on the workbench as, hey no race to build stuff for in the foreseeable future, so motivation died faster than you could spell Corona.
I did keep in touch with my (inter)national friends, most of them key members at their local clubs. Besides their personal conditions, the dwindling health condition of their clubs usually a serious concern, everybody hoping for better times, yours trulyincluded

Nothing to build, race or otherwise keep my hands occupied...my brain kept spinning...contemplating ideas on how to restart the competition events I was missing, but with international travel restrictions still in place..more locally based.
One of the things I always do while evaluating ideas for a new event, is to take stock of how many cars/ racers there are available in the region I would consider the potential participants would come from. At the time I was still looking at the universe from my little niche planet, so DiSCA GT3 looked like the most likely candidate...only to discover that locally (in the Benelux area) there were but half a dozen.
Not enough to form a healthy grid, and although GT3 are the cars with the lowest threshold. (based on relatively stock cars) the gap between those with experience and those who would maybe be interested in joining..was too big.
So time for a re think...time to leave my niche heaven and start over...by going back to basics.

RevoSlot range, from an ugly duckling to a flock of Swans
revo-slot-porsche-911-gt2.png

3 years ago when RevoSlot entered the 1/32 Slotcar market with their Porsche GT2, I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed with their first creation.
It looked like repop, reworked version of the old Fly/Proslot GT2 but with a heavier body, metal chassis and 3mm (1/24) technology.
It felt like an odd combination, specially when compared to the cars I was running in DiSCA.
I considered it to be sort of an ugly duckling, but at least one with nice bling bling wheels.
Fast forward to spring/summer 2020, as the first clubs in Holland come out of lock down, I had my first run with a RevoSlot on the wooden track @ SlotShop Zwanenburg.
By steadily releasing a new car every 6 months, RevoSlot had expanded their range with some of the most iconic GT/LMP's from 1995 -2000...I was impressed.
I was even more impressed when (to my pleasant surprise) they all ran pretty good straight out of the box, and I mean literally...straight out of the box.
Spend most of the evening opening box by box running some of my favorite cars from the late 90's... (courtesy of the Benelux distributer Tom Peters/Slotshop)

unboxing07.jpg

The proof of the pudding
It won't come as a surprise to read that I went home (late) that night with a brand new F333sp, a Viper white Kit and several RevoSlot cars on loan from Tom's personal collection. Cause a clear "what if" idea had started to form in my mind, one that required some "eating".
So this summer I toured the country, visiting different clubs, running the RevoSlot cars on their tracks. What I wanted to "proof" was how many or better how few set-up changes would be required to run the RevoSlot cars properly on the very different track types and surfaces.
Some of the clubs I visited were running a Revoslot class in their local club competition, some of them had near Box stock rules, some had "improved" rules which allowed all the little set-up tricks & tweaks common in their "other" club classes.
All the clubs (except my own) run purely analoge, meaning I had not visited them in years. So come race night, I was the new "slow" guy, needing to (re) learn all the lanes on the track...
...and learn how to handle/race their "prepped" cars in a short period of time. For what I had in mind..I turned out to be the ideal "guinea pig".

endurance_tracks.png

To have my cake ...and eat it
During my club visits I also ran the Revo cars I got from the distributer, I kept them unchanged to have a base line reference. So the first thing I noticed was, that no matter what track surface I ran them on, Carrera, Ninco, textured routed with braids or smooth copper taped wood... they all ran well with the same basic set-up.

Running on all four wheels, the sprung guide took care of any difference in track rails/braid height. The relatively low C.G provided a very docile and and steady handling through the corners. Stock motor and gearing provided more than enough torque and brakes to accelerate and decelerate the +20% heavier cars (compared to regular 1/32nd slotcars). Sure enough the run in cars ran (a bit) better that those straight out of the box, rounder tyres and better seated /aligned ball bearings did make a difference.

And sure enough, the cars fine tuned by the individual club members ran much "better", wel... at least when they ran them. I noticed that the more fine tuned a car was for a specific track/surface, the longer I needed to get to grips with it.
During my tour I also noticed some Day-glo colored white kits, turned down underscaled front and rear wheels...and A-finals with 5 identical cars. As those who know me..know....not my cup of tea.
After finishing my tour I made an appointment with the Benelux distributer of Revoslot...for the plan I had in mind... I intended "to have my cake and eat it."

The RevoSlot "Back to the 90's" Endurance Series
To cut a long story short, as a result of my initiative, for the 2020-2021 season, RevoSlot Benelux will organise the RevoSlot Back to the 90s Endurance series in collaboration with various slot racing clubs in the Netherlands and Belgium.
These will be one day events on which a short Team Endurance race is held with a unique format:
For each round, Teams will race various RevoSlot Sportscars from the RevoSlot range. Each prepared Box Stock by RevoSlot and fine-tuned by the host club. (Braids, ballast, shimms, tyres)
During the Endurance, the cars are fixed per lane, only the teams change lanes, so they will race a different Sportscar from the RevoSlot range on each lane.

Well ok, maybe not that unique, to be honest I've just taken the "Old club race with club cars" principle and made it bit bigger so it would work for a series of events.
At the moment the I'm still working on some of the details of this format, but the intention is to introduce elements during the races that we know from the big Endurance race such as the Le Mans 24hrs but on a 1/32 scale.
You can think of pit stops, driver and tire changes and darkened periods for which the RevoSlot's will be fitted and run with (Z-machine) lights.
Cause for me there should be more to an event that just running cars in a slot :cool:

Dodge-viper-tlc.jpg

What's in it for me?
For me, well obviously via this initiative I get "to have my cake and eat it". Kickstarting my style of competition in a more local format, with a grid of more than a dozen well detailed, original liveried, "blueprinted" slot cars, with lights and tyre decals. As a side effect I hope to boost the numbers of slotracers interested in Endurance events..with a possible overflow to Digital Endurance events.
For the distributer a wonderful unique opportunity to promote the entire RevoSlot range in a low-threshold way under competition conditions.
For the participating clubs co- hosting the events, a chance to boost their club finances by feeding a lot of hungry, thirsty slotracers...and...
... a great opportunity to draw in some new potential members.
For the participating teams & slotracers, a great opportunity to compete on different tracks with different cars in an extremely level playing field.

For you the reader, well you are the reason I'm sharing this information. If you've read the whole post so far, I'm sure you've found some of it interesting, maybe it made you think...what if?
In that case feel free to use copy/duplicate all of the above. Because if I can make this work here in The Netherlands ...so could you in your local region.

There's a lot more I could share on the reasoning behind and the work that has been done setting up and promoting this series.
Like setting up the facebook page "RevoSlot Endurance Series" ( its in Dutch but FB do a pretty good job auto translating), the sign in forms, the homologation sheets that are used to blue print the cars, etc. etc.
To make this work there's more to it than just designing a pretty logo and calling up some friends. But if you're really interested, post here or write me a pm.

Back to the beginning...Covid 19
Last but not least, I started this post by mentioning that the current Covid 19 situation was one of the reasons why I started this Series.
The chosen format with hand out cars has the advantage of being very easy to run the events while respecting Covid 19 restrictions.
No need for a paddock with individual/team workplaces, compact events that require no additional practice sessions other than on the day itself.
Within this format the Tracks and clubs selected for the Series have plenty of room to respect social distancing.
They need to as (at least in The Netherlands) they are accountable for respecting Covid 19 restrictions and guidelines and can be fined if they don't.
I'm convinced that within this format we can enjoy our hobby once again, in a fun, challenging and most of all safe and healthy way.

With kind regards
on behalf of the RevoSlot "Back to the 90's" Endurance Series
Tamar

·
David H
3,993 Posts
A great idea and one I wish you a lot of success with.

I've always believed that the greatest barrier to club membership is the perceived - and, in fact, actual - need to be able to tune cars, so an event with handout cars is brilliant. If I lived in your country, I'd sign up for your series in a heartbeat!

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Dopamine
Thx for the kind words, I sincerely believe that the need to be able to tune cars...is a core value in our hobby, but also agree that it can become a barrier.
One that can be only overcome by those who "know/can" sharing information with those who don't know/can't..yet.

Slotracing is not rocket science, every one can master it given time.

But with the state of "inter club" racing in this Covid 19 period there was no time, something needed to happen a.s.a.p. to bring it out of its self induced coma.
So i.m.o. the "Hand out car" format was the best option to get things moving again.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tamar

Sounds like you are on to a great series. I like the format of everyone racing the same car in the same lane.

The only comment I would have is the introduction of a "dark" period. I'm sure you've thought of this as you've run your fair share of endurance races.

The fairest way of doing it would be to allow every team to run every lane in the dark? If running a 6hour enduro on a 6 lane track, you could do 3 rotations?

20 minutes light 20 minutes dark 20 minutes light?

Anyway I'm sure you've thought of that. I do like the premise.

Cheers

Darren

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Darren how are things stateside?
I couldn't go more into detail in one post its long enough as it is ;)

But, yes depending on the number of teams, available time & lanes, the endurance(s) will be split up into at least two runs (2x running all lanes)
The Series has a high "promotional" signature, letting people get the "feel" of endurance racing.
So even during the "Dark" period the track/clubspace won't be pitch black, it will be more like dimmed light conditions.

With kond regards

Tamar

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Good luck with the Revoslot series, sounds a safe enjoyable and simple formula,looking forward to race reports and photos. We seem to be a little behind, at least in our club, North Staffs, of Revoslot take up, of approximately 20 regular members there are only three cars, I have the fabulous Pilot sp 333 and the number 27 gt one, another member has a 911gt2.I am still hoping that we can organise a Revoslot standard series at our club, but it might take another year or so.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
North Staffs track is a 6 lane routed wood, so you would need "just" 3 more RevoSlot's to "implement" a "hand out" race where the cars remain in the lanes and drivers rotate
thumbsup.gif

Surely it won't take you guys a year to acquire 3 more cars, you yourself have already "confessed" you're going to buy at least one F40
innocent.gif

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Short update on the "Dutch" Revoslot Endurance Series, the addition "Dutch" might become a necessary prefix as we've had inquiries from the Danish distributer about copying the format for a Danish Series.
thumbsup.gif

I am happy to inform you that within one day after the opening of registration for Round 1..all 10 available grid places had been taken.

For those with a general interest in RevoSlot cars and how to prep them...
I've created an album on our FB page with pictures and accompanying text (in Dutch and English) on how the RevoSlot cars are blueprinted for the Series.

118688470_128104549007001_11549295211858

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
These Revoslots are superb and very well engineered, they bring back many happy memories of le mans past visits, must say with this year's entry list I'm glad I'm not going to be honest, last year's gt grid will probably never be bettered.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My F40 front tires do not touch my set up board. I used a thinner braid and the plastic track guide still no idea how I missed on this.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Tamar - on a local club basis we run 2 or 3 (analogue) teams endurance events like this each year with handout cars.

We now actually get at least a couple of travelers wanting to muscle in to these events (and we happily accommodate them), as they have seen race reports and know how much fun they are.

- The lazy gene in all of us likes being able to just turn up because someone has setup a number of matched cars.

- There is no need to scrutineer

- We usually run IROC style - car stays on lane, drivers/teams rotate lanes. - If one team busts a car, or it goes "off", we just stop, have a drink, chat, and stuff our faces with ample food supplies while it is fixed

- Teams races are always popular, and usually close because we actually seed our drivers and make up teams that overall are close matches.

- Teams usually get strategic and race their "A" drivers head to head, likewise their B, C, and D drivers, so those on track have lots of close dices.

So huge reps for you on kicking this off. I am sure it will contribute to keeping the faith alive until times are better for everyone.

Just to make you envious. As you probably know from GRUNZ; NZ has eliminated the beast from the community. Our clubs are cracking along with increased numbers. People can't travel overseas, so they are looking for pleasure fixes close to home.
My own club is at record membership of 17, and we race at my track tonight.

BTW - I can't see the pics. I note they are .PNG which I can normally see okay

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I just bumped on this post, what can I say, great job @Tamar! Fact Im sharing this info with my fellow coleague owner of the new Club un México, so he can Take note of the many good points that you comment in this post.

And the Revo class itsef sounds promising!

@Slotcrazy what an envy indeed, congrats on your increasing numbers, stay safe and healthy mates.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RevoSlot....Fast forward one year
Wow, that Covid 19 turned out to be a real game changer. Just when we thought we had it under control summer of 2021...the second and third wave closed us down for almost a year.
But as with all things in live... its only a matter of time...a new normal is starting to emerge in the slotrace community...time to pick up the pieces and continue were we left a year ago.
So..last Friday aug 22 we had our first Revoslot endurance race at CPZ Slotshop, Zwanenburg , NL. This was more of a first test race with just local club members.
Like slotcrazy mentioned, Iroc style racing, cars fixed to their lanes and teams/drivers rotating. Team composition by "matching" experienced drivers with rookies etc. etc.

Even with (or because of) their relatively stock set-up, the Revo's proved to be very gentile and forgiving to race for novice racers, while at the same time challenging enough for the
more experienced racers to run them on the limit. Each car has its own unique character and required driving style, but competitiveness over the whole range is extremely close.
For example the small Porsche GT2 was a blast to drive on lane 1, very quick through the two chicanes, and although it wasn't in direct contention with the F333sp on lane 6...
..several head to head battles between them were seen during the race.
Most important...after the first race was finished, all drivers wanted to have another go. That's when you know you're onto something good.

Revoslot Endurance Series Range Expanding
Above the selection of cars from the Revoslot Endurance Series Car Pool, one that has expanded considerably beyond the 14 cars we had on the grid last year.
Besides a number off new liveries for the existing models, two brand new models were added to the car pool.
Pictured above left one of the two Ferrari F40's (Pilot & Totip), two brand new CLK- GTR's are in the workshop awaiting Series blueprinting.
We plan to include two versions of each model in the car pool. Next addition hopefully two McLaren F1 GTR's

Lessons learned so far
In the past year I've tested the Revo's on a number of different tracks, from Ninco to Carrera and routed wood.
Raised (Ninco) rails, to recessed braid (1/24 ISRA tracks), as long as the braids on the cars are good, Revoslot cars will run well on them, no set-up changes required.
But when raced on wood, a clean track will suit the Revo's best. Even on the 'greenest" tracks, a half hour of running with regular taping of the tyres and your good to go racing.
On the first race at CPZ we did tape the tyres of all cars in between the (driver) lane changes...but after 3 stints the tyres remained clean...unless some one had gone off in to the kitty litter.
But we continued to tape them anyhow, so each driver would have clean "freshed-up" tires for their stint.

G25 prime tyre for Revoslot Endurance Series...glued & trued
From all the different compounds available from Revoslot, we've selected the G25 compound as our prime tyre. We tested running the Revo's with the stock 30 shore tyres...and to be honest...
  • ...on some of the cars they ran pretty good straight out of the box.
    But truth be told, some didn't. We assessed the cause for this irregular performance to the design of the Revo wheels...and how (good or bad) the tyres were mounted on the rims in the factory.
    Some of the tyres we dismounted were untrue/not round. Most of them would come back to their original true and round shape if left off the rim for some days..but some didn't.
    Regular 1/32nd rims have a central shoulder to keep the tyres on the rim, Revoslot rims don't, two flanges on the rim's outer edges are what keeps the tyre on the rim.
    However even the harder Revoslot 30 shore tire creates enough grip for a tire to become untrue during heavy cornering as the unglued tire starts to climb up the outer ridge.
    So the first choice we made was to go for glued & trued tires, the second choice was a consequence of the first.
    Glueing & trueing added a considerable amount of time in preparing the some 20 sets required for the Series. The harder stock 30 shore requiring more time to glue & true.
    The softer G25 slips easily on the rims, easy to run a toothpick with glue between the tire and rim, very little trueing required.
    Added bonus of the G25: very low wear rate, builds up grip very fast...which is nice to have when running on clean and/or green tracks.

Stock Bodies...with some Endurance mods
    Revoslot cars are renowned for their body detail, but some of that detail is a bit fragile. Luckily the range and availability of more durable and flexible rubber parts is expanding.
    So depending on availability what ever can be replaced by Revo flexible parts will be (like on the Porsche 911 GT1 and Marcos )
    What's not available we'll scratch build ourself...for now.(pictured CLK-GTR) I'm pretty sure Revoslot will catch up...eventually

After the first test race I can say that the Revo's are pretty sturdy, none of the cars having a "Glass jaw". Splitters remained in place and didn't break.
    At the other end of the cars..a different story, during the race several diffusers were handed over to the lost & found department @ race control.
    We're looking at remounting these in a more flexible way, most likely by mounting them onto foam rubber supports.
    And while we're at it we will trim some of the diffusers and wheel arches where they're at risk of rubbing against wheels and chassis.

Stock Chassis with some Endurance mods
    So far we've kept the Chassis in "blue printed" stock form, with two exceptions:
  • All screws were replace by torqs heads, works a lot easier if you have to prep and service some odd 15 cars.
  • All chassis had the slots for the bodycount screws milled a bid wider at the chassis edges, this mod reduces the amount the body needs to be flexed/ bent outwards to mount it on the chassis.

Ok that's it for now.... to be continued

With kind regards
    Tamar

p.s.:
BTW - I can't see the pics. I note they are .PNG which I can normally see okay
That should be fixed by now, have upgraded the Slotracinglemans site to https this summer so all images hosted there (but that SF security didn't want to show under http) are now visible.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
October 27th will see four of us at North staffs running Revoslots for a evening to try them out, if successful we will propose to run midweek next year, probably every eight weeks, as the club as a whole didn't vote for any class changes for next year.
A couple more members have shown an interest of possibly joining in next year.
Biggest discussions so far and as yet unresolved is whether to have an approved list of cars, or allow them all in, the other unresolved issue is tyres, 30,25 or 15s, glued or unglued.
Cars between the four of us are 911 gt1, 911gt2, Toyota gt one, Ferrari 333 and Ferrari F40.
Hopefully after the 27th we can agree a car specification and look at dates.
At North Staffs I have found Revos to be absolute Marmite on dividing opinion, I personally am looking forward to the group 2 saloons, particularly the Alfa.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,585 Posts
RevoSlot....Fast forward one year
Wow, that Covid 19 turned out to be a real game changer. Just when we thought we had it under control summer of 2021...the second and third wave closed us down for almost a year.
But as with all things in live... its only a matter of time...a new normal is starting to emerge in the slotrace community...time to pick up the pieces and continue were we left a year ago.
So..last Friday aug 22 we had our first Revoslot endurance race at CPZ Slotshop, Zwanenburg , NL. This was more of a first test race with just local club members.
Like slotcrazy mentioned, Iroc style racing, cars fixed to their lanes and teams/drivers rotating. Team composition by "matching" experienced drivers with rookies etc. etc.

View attachment 280620

Even with (or because of) their relatively stock set-up, the Revo's proved to be very gentile and forgiving to race for novice racers, while at the same time challenging enough for the
more experienced racers to run them on the limit. Each car has its own unique character and required driving style, but competitiveness over the whole range is extremely close.
For example the small Porsche GT2 was a blast to drive on lane 1, very quick through the two chicanes, and although it wasn't in direct contention with the F333sp on lane 6...
..several head to head battles between them were seen during the race.
Most important...after the first race was finished, all drivers wanted to have another go. That's when you know you're onto something good.

View attachment 280621

Revoslot Endurance Series Range Expanding
Above the selection of cars from the Revoslot Endurance Series Car Pool, one that has expanded considerably beyond the 14 cars we had on the grid last year.
Besides a number off new liveries for the existing models, two brand new models were added to the car pool.
Pictured above left one of the two Ferrari F40's (Pilot & Totip), two brand new CLK- GTR's are in the workshop awaiting Series blueprinting.
We plan to include two versions of each model in the car pool. Next addition hopefully two McLaren F1 GTR's
View attachment 280634
Lessons learned so far
In the past year I've tested the Revo's on a number of different tracks, from Ninco to Carrera and routed wood.
Raised (Ninco) rails, to recessed braid (1/24 ISRA tracks), as long as the braids on the cars are good, Revoslot cars will run well on them, no set-up changes required.
But when raced on wood, a clean track will suit the Revo's best. Even on the 'greenest" tracks, a half hour of running with regular taping of the tyres and your good to go racing.
On the first race at CPZ we did tape the tyres of all cars in between the (driver) lane changes...but after 3 stints the tyres remained clean...unless some one had gone off in to the kitty litter.
But we continued to tape them anyhow, so each driver would have clean "freshed-up" tires for their stint.
View attachment 280631

G25 prime tyre for Revoslot Endurance Series...glued & trued
From all the different compounds available from Revoslot, we've selected the G25 compound as our prime tyre. We tested running the Revo's with the stock 30 shore tyres...and to be honest...
  • ...on some of the cars they ran pretty good straight out of the box.
    But truth be told, some didn't. We assessed the cause for this irregular performance to the design of the Revo wheels...and how (good or bad) the tyres were mounted on the rims in the factory.
    Some of the tyres we dismounted were untrue/not round. Most of them would come back to their original true and round shape if left off the rim for some days..but some didn't.
    Regular 1/32nd rims have a central shoulder to keep the tyres on the rim, Revoslot rims don't, two flanges on the rim's outer edges are what keeps the tyre on the rim.
    However even the harder Revoslot 30 shore tire creates enough grip for a tire to become untrue during heavy cornering as the unglued tire starts to climb up the outer ridge.
    So the first choice we made was to go for glued & trued tires, the second choice was a consequence of the first.
    Glueing & trueing added a considerable amount of time in preparing the some 20 sets required for the Series. The harder stock 30 shore requiring more time to glue & true.
    The softer G25 slips easily on the rims, easy to run a toothpick with glue between the tire and rim, very little trueing required.
    Added bonus of the G25: very low wear rate, builds up grip very fast...which is nice to have when running on clean and/or green tracks.

Stock Bodies...with some Endurance mods
    Revoslot cars are renowned for their body detail, but some of that detail is a bit fragile. Luckily the range and availability of more durable and flexible rubber parts is expanding.
    So depending on availability what ever can be replaced by Revo flexible parts will be (like on the Porsche 911 GT1 and Marcos )
    What's not available we'll scratch build ourself...for now.(pictured CLK-GTR) I'm pretty sure Revoslot will catch up...eventually
    View attachment 280632
    After the first test race I can say that the Revo's are pretty sturdy, none of the cars having a "Glass jaw". Splitters remained in place and didn't break.
    At the other end of the cars..a different story, during the race several diffusers were handed over to the lost & found department @ race control.
    We're looking at remounting these in a more flexible way, most likely by mounting them onto foam rubber supports.
    And while we're at it we will trim some of the diffusers and wheel arches where they're at risk of rubbing against wheels and chassis.

Stock Chassis with some Endurance mods
    So far we've kept the Chassis in "blue printed" stock form, with two exceptions:
  • All screws were replace by torqs heads, works a lot easier if you have to prep and service some odd 15 cars.
  • All chassis had the slots for the bodycount screws milled a bid wider at the chassis edges, this mod reduces the amount the body needs to be flexed/ bent outwards to mount it on the chassis.
    View attachment 280633

Ok that's it for now.... to be continued

With kind regards
    Tamar

p.s.:
That should be fixed by now, have upgraded the Slotracinglemans site to https this summer so all images hosted there (but that SF security didn't want to show under http) are now visible.
WONDERFUL!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
At North staffs a fifth club member has a car coming soon, that'd be five of us, numbers creeping up, lol, as there's just the four of us on the 27th we've decided rather than crash n burn, you can run and put your car back on, we're going to run the centre four lanes, twice through, 2 minute 30 second heats, looking forward to it.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,585 Posts
I can't see any point in crash & burn, it's difficult enough the few of us paying rent for the place as it is without preventing them getting on the track because they deslot once too often.

·
Registered
222 Posts
what are the plans for this year and 2022 Tamar ? , since I have already registered for 3 Revo slot endurance competitions, starting in Belgium this year. and 2 in to the Netherlands

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Four club members ran Revoslots on the centre four lanes of the North Staffs track on November 10th.
Cars were the 911 gt1 and gt2, Ferrari 333.
These were virtually identical in performance as box standard, including 30s tyres.
We also added a Toyota GT one for comparison, this was about 0.4 quicker as it ran 15s tyres.
Didn't get chance to run my F40 which is still standard.
We're looking at running 25s tyres as the standard next year,we may get two other club members to join in we hope.
The plan is to run midweek every eight weeks as a separate group,as the club didn't vote for any 2022 class changes.
Absolute marmite views at North Staffs, some love Revos, most hate em.
Cest la vie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts